Mutiple Projects Execution on RunTime Machine

Ask general questions here.
schemer1

Mutiple Projects Execution on RunTime Machine

Post by schemer1 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:18 pm

Hi,

We have a solution with multiple projects. Only one of the projects actually contains the test cases in the test suite. It contains no modules. The other projects contain the required user code and recoerded modules.
In order to execute a test on a runtime machine, we know you need to copy the executable (*.exe), the Test Suite file (*.rxtst) and the used libraries (*.dll) from the bin folder to where we want execute the test.
The question is do we need to copy anything from the bin folders from the other projects?

Thanks

krstcs

Re: Mutiple Projects Execution on RunTime Machine

Post by krstcs » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:27 pm

You should not need to copy anything other than what is in the folder with the project you are working with. Ranorex will copy any needed library or executable into the bin/Debug (or Release) folder when it builds.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

schemer1

Post by schemer1 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:13 pm

The /bin/Debug folder for my project also contains the .exe, .pdb, .rxtst & the .rxtmg files for all the solution projects. I'm I correct in saying I need all of these 19 files? (note: my project calls modules from these other projects). I know I also need to copy in the base .dlls to the runtime only machine in order to get the test to run.

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:34 pm

Short answer is YES. :D

Longer answer:
You probably do not need the rxtst files other than the one you want to run. Those are just the "order of execution" for the suites. Each test will only read the one related to it, or passed in at the command-line.

But the other files are all needed since they are referenced by the test you are trying to run. Ranorex doesn't put any unnecessary files (other than the rxtsts mentioned above) in the bin/Debug or bin/Release folders.
Shortcuts usually aren't...