My test script is failing while running from laptop but the same test script is passing while running in desktop

Ask general questions here.
premravi

My test script is failing while running from laptop but the same test script is passing while running in desktop

Post by premravi » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:36 am

Hi,

I am experiencing one strange behavior wherein my test script is failing while running it from laptop
On observing it carefully, I saw that the Application under test is jumping due to which the clicks are not happening properly in the exact location
For e.g. click drop down select a value from the drop down but the application is jumping so it will select another value which will eventually fail the test case
Hence the execution is getting failed
The same scenario is working perfectly fine while running from desktop where the application is steady
I am not sure whether this is a Ranorex specific issue or browser issue or what it is exactly
Please help me to resolve it

Regards

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: My test script is failing while running from laptop but the same test script is passing while running in desktop

Post by odklizec » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:55 am

Hi,

The application 'jumping' is most probably caused by Ensure Visible action, which is, by default, performed automatically on each repo element. And because the screen resolution on your laptop is most probably smaller, than on desktop, some AUT elements are out of visible area? And therefore, Ensure Visible tries to move them to visible area of screen? if this is the case, you will most probably have to add some delays here or there, or simply wait for appearance of certain element(s), before continuing with next actions. Unfortunately, without seeing your AUT and test project, including repository and actions you are using before failure (and exact failure you are getting), ther eis not much else anyone here can do or suggest. Generally speaking, you just need to optimize your test for laptop run ;)
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration