Need help excel

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
utantextremo

Need help excel

Post by utantextremo » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:09 am

I'm trying to open, examine, modify and close excel spreadsheets generated by a call to an API end point. The creation, opening and closing is all happening without issue. What I have a problem with is that the spreadsheet has been changed so that the first sheet has a unique name in each file to match the filename. Recording actions in studio appears to create a recording that can add the figures I want to certain cells but this was when the sheet name remained unchanged from one file to the next.

The XPath to the cells in question appears to include the sheet name. Is there any way of having an XPath that uses the sheet index instead? That way the name would be irrelevent.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Need help excel

Post by odklizec » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:11 pm

Hi,

Have you tried to simply remove the dynamic part of xpath? 😉 Unfortunately, it’s hard to suggest something reliable, without seeing the xpath and excel file, eventually, snapshot (NOT screenshot) of the excel file. Can you provide these pieces of required information?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration