Need help ! Ranorex multiple test suite execution in jenkins

Ask general questions here.
Noah

Need help ! Ranorex multiple test suite execution in jenkins

Post by Noah » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:45 pm

Hello,

my project has got 2 test suite files with name 1) It.rxtst 2)Itte_Environment.rxtst and in Jenkins I scheduled a job to run with
the test suite file name as"Itte_Environment.rxtst" please take a look at the image attached.

when I run a new build I get this below error.

c:\ohj\jenkins.start\workspace\ITTE_Automation\ITTE_Single_Testruns>".\trunk\Itte\bin\Debug\Itte.exe" /reportfile:"c:\ohj\jenkins.start\workspace\ITTE_Automation\ITTE_Single_Testruns\.\Reports\378\ITTE.html" /junit /zipreport /zipreportfile:"c:\ohj\jenkins.start\workspace\ITTE_Automation\ITTE_Single_Testruns\.\Reports\378\ITTE-378.rxzlog" /pa:Domain=https://10.158.118.16:28443 /tc=CancelSSN
[2018/08/21 14:03:26.461][Debug ][Logger]: Console logger starting.
[2018/08/21 14:03:26.483][Error ][User]: Unexpected exception occurred: System.InvalidOperationException: There is more than one test suite and some arguments in '".\trunk\Itte\bin\Debug\Itte_Environment.rxtst .exe" [/u]/reportfile:"c:\ohj\jenkins.start\workspace\ITTE_Automation\ITTE_Single_Testruns\.\Reports\378\ITTE.html" /junit /zipreport /zipreportfile:"c:\ohj\jenkins.start\workspace\ITTE_Automation\ITTE_Single_Testruns\.\Reports\378\ITTE-378.rxzlog" /pa:Domain=https://10.158.118.16:28443 /tc=CancelSSN' require it to specify which test suite to use by using the 'testsuite' command line parameter.
at Ranorex.Core.Testing.TestSuiteRunner.Run(Type containerType, String cmdLineArgs, String testSuiteXml)
at Ranorex.Core.Testing.TestSuiteRunner.Run(Type containerType, String cmdLineArgs)
at Itte.Program.Main(String[] args) in c:\ohj\jenkins.start\workspace\ITTE_Automation\ITTE_Single_Testruns\trunk\Itte\Program.cs:line 39
[2018/08/21 14:03:26.621][Debug ][Logger]: Console logger stopping.
Build step 'Run a Ranorex test suite' changed build result to FAILURE
[htmlpublisher] Archiving HTML reports...
[htmlpublisher] Archiving at BUILD level c:\ohj\jenkins.start\workspace\ITTE_Automation\ITTE_Single_Testruns\Reports\378 to C:\ohj\Jenkins\jobs\ITTE_Automation\jobs\ITTE_Single_Testruns\builds\378\htmlreports\ITTE
ERROR: Specified HTML directory 'c:\ohj\jenkins.start\workspace\ITTE_Automation\ITTE_Single_Testruns\Reports\378' does not exist.
Started calculate disk usage of build
Finished Calculation of disk usage of build in 0 seconds
Started calculate disk usage of workspace
Finished Calculation of disk usage of workspace in 0 seconds
Finished: FAILURE
Attachments
jenkins image 8-21-2018 6-06-40 PM.jpg
jenkins image 8-21-2018 6-06-40 PM.jpg (120.77 KiB) Viewed 131 times

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Need help ! Ranorex multiple test suite execution in jenkins

Post by odklizec » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:46 pm

Hi,

I believe you need to add a testsuite parameter to the Command line arguments section of Ranorex plugin. Please see the screenshot from my Jenkins setup. Similarly, you need to define the testsuite parameter, pointing to your testsuite. Hope this helps?
TestSuite_param.png
TestSuite_param.png (25.03 KiB) Viewed 127 times
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:56 pm

Hi all,

@Pavel: Thank you for jumping in :)

Pavel's suggestion is correct, due to some changes in the latest Ranorex versions (Feature: Multiple Test Suites) it is currently necessary to add the '/ts' parameter.
I'm currently working on an update of the plugin to match the latest Ranorex version. If you are having any feedback or requests, please feel free to share them on the corresponding GitHub repo

Thanks,
Markus (S)

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:09 am

Hi Markus, you are welcome. I'm always glad to help ;)
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration