Need to know this features supports in Ranorex

Ask general questions here.
BHARATHMR

Need to know this features supports in Ranorex

Post by BHARATHMR » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:12 am

As part of demo in our company I am planning to showcase following features of Ranorex. I am not sure these features support Ranorex.
1.Remote PC has the application under test and the Test PC has Ranorex, then How to perform remote debugging of tests?
2.How to create custom templates for test reports. I want to create reports in HTML format.
3.Perform a test on the test PC and re-use the tests on a mobile platform. And please suggest any application which will run on mobile and also PC.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Need to know this features supports in Ranorex

Post by odklizec » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:58 am

Hi,

1) You need to have Ranorex installed on the Remote PC. Remote desktop returns series of images so there is nothing to automate. If you need to automate something on remote PC, you need to use Ranorex on that remote PC. For more details about remote desktop testing, follow this article:
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... norex.html

2) Ranorex reports are already in HTML format with just changed extension ;) To create HTML report simply replace the extension from rxlog to html (in Project settings >> Report tab)...
Reports.png
3) I can't help you much with this point, because I'm not doing mobile testing. It should be possible to create and run your tests both on physical device and emulator. You can find all relevant details here:
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... sting.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration