.Net 4.0 and .Net 3.5, Capabilities Control/ControlNet11

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
DanielS

.Net 4.0 and .Net 3.5, Capabilities Control/ControlNet11

Post by DanielS » Fri May 13, 2011 12:19 pm

Hello,
I've got a urgent problem. I'm using Windows 7 and the newest Ranorex Studio.
With an installed .Net 4.0 framework (the same with .Net 4.0 extended), Ranorex recognizes all controls as ControlNet11. Creating a Ranorex.Control Objekt causes the exception "Capability Control not supported".
Additionally the paths consist of many "element"s instead of "containers" etc. .
Without .Net 4.0 ( with .Net 3.5? from Windows) it is like before, the controls are Ranorex.Control objects and the paths are containing "container"s and "element"s .
I've reinstalled .Net framework and Ranorex Studio a few times and nothing changed. The tested program is in .Net 3.5, but i must have .Net 4.0 installed. The testautomation uses many controls and i can't change them all to ControlNet11, because there are attributes in Ranorex.Control that i need that aren't in Ranorex.ControlNet11.
I don't get any limitation popups.
Here is a snapshot of the program with .Net 4.0:
snapshotNet40.rxsnp
What can i do so that i can use .Net 4.0 AND the capability Ranorex.Control instead of Ranorex.ControlNet11 ??
Best regards,
Daniel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: .Net 4.0 and .Net 3.5, Capabilities Control/ControlNet11

Post by Support Team » Fri May 13, 2011 12:32 pm

Hi,

Have you also Ranorex 2.x installed on this machine? If yes please uninstall it and repair the 3.x installation, because we have a bug which causes this behavior.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

DanielS

Re: .Net 4.0 and .Net 3.5, Capabilities Control/ControlNet11

Post by DanielS » Fri May 13, 2011 1:27 pm

thank you very much, it worked!