Bug reports.
rlpmjp

No repository item is linked

Post by rlpmjp » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:07 pm

Ranorex version 5.2.1.20895
.NET Runtime version 4.0.30319..18444

I meant to put in this line 77:
Delay 500ms

but later wanted to replace it with line 78 as a Wait For Exists command, so I put in a placeholder [since there is no way I've found to put a comment like 'Start here tomorrow]:
Wait For Not Exists 5000ms

and I disabled this line since it is not correct yet.

Then I went to my login "script" [login.rxrec], a 4 line test case:
Open Browser nottheURL.rocksolidinternet.com
Mouse Click [on username field]
Key Sequence timmy{Tab}DickensCarol
Mouse Click [on Login/Submit button]

I get this error when running the login.rxrec:
Error - Action #78: No repository item is linked. Select an item from the repository. - C:\Users\Developer\Documents\Ranorex\RanorexStudio Projects\SmokeByR\Smoke\Co_DHL.rxrec:78

Rhetorical questions/possible bugs:
1st, line 78 was disabled so why would the compiler care if it was incomplete (bad syntax)?
2nd, line 78 was in another Test Case, not the one being run, so why would the compiler try and compile all the Test Cases in this Test Suite, when I am just running one Test Case (the 4-line one above)?

Question: Is there a way to have the compiler compile only the one Test Case being run?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: No repository item is linked

Post by Support Team » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:29 pm

Hi rlpmjp,

The thing is that the whole project/solution will be built/compiled, so this has nothing to do with the test cases and the modules which will be run, this is on another "layer".
When a specific module is part of the project it will be built/compiled.

Regarding the "wrong" action, we want to make sure the recordings always have runable and working actions, this will be therefore shown as wrong even though it is disabled.

Regards,
Markus

krstcs

Re: No repository item is linked

Post by krstcs » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:35 pm

You could create a dummy repository object that has no path and use that for elements that you don't want to throw the error.

Also, you can put comments in the far-right column of the action table. You can even use tasks like "TODO:" and "HACK:" that will show up in the task list in Ranorex Studio (or any other IDE).
Shortcuts usually aren't...