Not able to find iospicker

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
druiz

Not able to find iospicker

Post by druiz » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:37 am

Hello

I'm being unable to find the iospicker using Ranorex (not using the spy or using code line)

Ranorex version: 5.1.3
App instrumented: 1.6.2
Desktop OS: Windows 7
Device: iPhone 5S
iOS version: 7.1.2

Here I attached the snapshot and a screenshot where you can see that the iospicker is shown but it does not appear in the tree.

Thanks in advance

David
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Not able to find iospicker

Post by Support Team » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:14 pm

Hi David,

Do you mean UIPicker elements or do you mean a kind of a select control, similar to the select tag in HTML?
UIPicker elements should normally be identified with Ranorex without issues.

May I therefore ask you which of the elements shown in the snapshot you mean?

Thanks,
Markus

druiz

Post by druiz » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:38 am

Hi Markus,

As you can see in the screenshot, there is a Select Box displayed, but it is impossible to find it using the Spy.

It happens with every Select Box. I was previously able to find them but after I updated to Ranroex 5.1.3, it is failing...

Really looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks

David

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:10 pm

Hi David,

From what I can see from the snapshot the select tag seems to be identified fine.
May I ask you which elements you use to select an item of the select tag?
Please also send me the RxPaths of the used elements.

Nearly no of your containers have an attribute which allows Ranorex to uniquely identify the specific container, it may be therefore needed to use the unique attribute of an child element to uniquely identify the parent container.
For instance, when you want to identity the select container:

Code: Select all

/mobileapp[@title='com.nimble.nimbleappqa']/form/container[@containertype='LayoutContainer']/container[@caption='']/container/container[2]/container[@caption='']/container[2]/container[1]
you can use dropdown button to uniquely identify the parent container element:

/mobileapp[@title='com.nimble.nimbleappqa']/form/container[@containertype='LayoutContainer']/container[@caption='']/container/container[2]//button[@accessibilitylabel='Input Dropdown']/../
It may be needed to adapt the RxPaths of your repository items to make them unique again.

Regards,
Markus

druiz

Post by druiz » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:49 am

Hello Markus,

My current problem is not that I can not find the Select Button. My current problem comes when I 'press' that button. Once I do it, it shows a little Popup (or menu) with the options available in the combo box to be selected and a 'Done' button. (See attachment).

Previously, before I updated to 5.1.3 I was able to find that "Menu" using the following xPath:

"/mobileapp[@title='com.nimble.nimbleappqa' and @devicename='iPhone_5S']/form/container[@caption='' and @containertype='']/container/container/container/container/container[@caption='' and @containertype='ActionSheet']/iospicker/list[@accessibilitylabel='Component 0']"
but after the upgrade, that xPath does not work any more and I have no way to find that iospicker (Please, see xPath - is the element before the last one 'iospicker/list[@accessibilitylabel='Component 0']')

Thanks again

David
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:41 pm

Hi David,

May I ask you which Ranorex version you previously used?
I would really like to analyze this issue in detail, may I therefore ask you to send an example project of this control to [email protected]?
This will help me to reproduce and analyze this issue on my site.
I also tried our internal sample which includes an iospicker element but I was able to track this element without any issues. It is therefore really needed to get a sample of the iospicker you have in your application since it seems to be somehow different to the standard one.

Thanks,
Markus