Not able to find Text value

Ask general questions here.
alpesh.dhakad

Not able to find Text value

Post by alpesh.dhakad » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:16 pm

Hi ,
I am not able to find Text value from the application through xpaths . I have tried different settings like used WPFPreferred, UIA only, UIA Preferred etc. but still not able to find the text values. Please refer attached snapshots and share the solutions.

Xpath used :
/form[@automationid='me']/progressbar/list[@automationid='PART_BarContainerControl']/list/container[@automationid='PART_ItemsPresenter']/row[@index='10']/cell[@text='[0]']/container[1]/text
Attachments
NotAbleToGetTextValue.rxsnp
Not able to get text value
(2.05 MiB) Downloaded 19 times

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Not able to find Text value

Post by odklizec » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:22 am

Hi,

At first, you should update your Ranorex with most recent version 9.3.3. Your actually used version 9.2.1 is obsolete and no longer supported, so it does not make sense to debug such kind of issue with obsolete version.

At next, you should try to extract the value you want with MS Inspect tool. If it also does not show this value, then it's most probably a badly implemented WPF control. On the other hand, if MS Inspect returns the value, it's up to Ranorex folks to adapt the WPF plugin. In this case, open official support ticket here:
https://www.ranorex.com/support-query/

At the moment, your only hope is most probably GDI Capture feature, which may be able to return RAWText with given value. For more details about GDI Capture, check this user guide chapter:
https://www.ranorex.com/help/latest/ran ... e-feature/
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

alpesh.dhakad

Re: Not able to find Text value

Post by alpesh.dhakad » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:23 pm

Thanks you for your inputs. I have tried GDI Capture method but I am not able to find the text.
I have then checked with the developers and for the text block they are using Run Text and through the visual studio inspect element they are able to find the text values.

So, is Ranorex not supporting <Run Text> under <TextBlock> ? (Refer below)
Is there any other way to identify the Run Text values ?
Please suggest.

<TextBlock>
<Run Text="{Binding Path=UsedString, Mode=OneWay}"/>
<Run Text="/"/>
<Run BaselineAlignment="Center" Text="{Binding Path=TotalString, Mode=OneWay}"/>
</TextBlock>