Not able to identify objects under class: AfxFrameOrView120u

Ask general questions here.
kanamadiraju

Not able to identify objects under class: AfxFrameOrView120u

Post by kanamadiraju » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:30 am

We are using Ranorex v8.3 as trial version.

Our application which is developed in MFC C++ technology.

We are creating the blocks in workbench by dragging and dropping the inputs and outputs.

Our workbench area which has classname: AfxFrameOrView120u.

When we do the object spy, Its taking it as entire block, We are not able to identify the objects in this frame.

We tried by adding the class name to GDI capture list, after adding the class name(AfxFrameOrView120u) in GDI list. Its crashing our application.

As an workaround: we are using Mouse coordinates for dragging and dropping the Input1(I01), Input2(I02) and Output(Q01) in to workbench. but using mouse coordinates problem is in screen resolution. Our script is developed with mouse coordinates in resolution of 1280*1024. Suppose if we run our scripts on higher resolution like 1920 * 1080 we can't predict which test case gets fail because of coordinates.

Please have look on attached screenshots. which has Input block, Output block, these are the blocks we are dragging and dropping in to workbench.

We have many such block need to do drag and drop in workbench

So we need your help in identifying the objects under workbench which has classname: AfxFrameOrView120u, so that irrespective of resolution we can run scripts on any window machines

Please help us.

Thanks in Advance.
Ningappa K
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Not able to identify objects under class: AfxFrameOrView120u

Post by odklizec » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:47 am

Hi,

Without seeing, at very least, Ranorex snapshot, I can only speculate that the window in question is in fact something like canvas, with drawn images? In my opinion, there is nothing you can do about it without proper implementation of accessibility support for given window and its elements. Please check this post with some links, describing how to add accessibility to 3rd party UI controls...
not-able-to-get-xpath-for-road-in-map-t ... tml#p48059
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

kanamadiraju

Post by kanamadiraju » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:37 pm

Thanks for your reply. We will take help from developer to get the access of elements under workbench.

For the time being, Can we make our scripts to run on any resolution using same mouse coordinates?

As of now we developed our automation script using mouse coordinates in screen resolution of 1280*1024.

Is there any way we can run our scripts on any resolution using the same script?

Please help

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:47 pm

Hi,

I can't imagine an easy (code-less) way to achieve what you want? Your only chance is to somehow recalculate the coordinates, based of the actual screen resolution. But I think this would require a complete overhaul of your tests (making the test steps completely variabilized (all mouse-related coordinates).
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration