not able to recoginize mfc grid

Ranorex Spy, Recorder, and Studio.
mactuan12

not able to recoginize mfc grid

Post by mactuan12 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:10 am

I have a MFC Grid . When i done the recording ,it is not able to do the Record that MFC Grid as Grid.
It just identifies as "Element".

Actually My Requirement is that i have to loop through the cells of the row and add the result . but since it is not able to identifies as grid i am not able to do anything else.

Please let me know the possible solution for this. :roll: :roll:

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: not able to recoginize mfc grid

Post by odklizec » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:30 am

Hi,

Unfortunately, you post does not contain critical details we need to know to provide adequate help.

What Ranorex version do you use? if anything below 9.2.1, then please update to most recent version and try it again.
MFC version and grid component name? MFC is a pretty old UI technology (introduced in 1992) and there are numerous MFC-based grids, so we need to know more details about the grid ;)
At next, please share a Ranorex snapshot (NOT screenshot) of the problematic grid. Ideally, if possible, share entire app under test. With snapshot, we may see your problem, but we actually need to see the app to try various Ranorex settings.

Even if the Grid is not identifiable as a grid/table, it may be possible to go through the individual cells and do whatever you want with them. I don't quite understand what do you mean by "add the result"? But as mentioned, we need to see, at very least, snapshot of the grid, to be able to provide some suggestions.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration