NuGet Package Sources Not Populating Available Packages

Bug reports.
megaloblastic

NuGet Package Sources Not Populating Available Packages

Post by megaloblastic » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:26 pm

My organisation has a NuGet package repository hosted on a network file share. After adding the location of the repository under Options->Package Management->Package Sources and selecting the added source in the Manage Packages dialog of a given project, no packages load to the Available tab.

I have added the package repository using both the full network path and the full path using a mapped drive.

This package repository can be viewed in Visual Studio 2015's package manager using the same paths.

Ranorex 6.1.0/Win7
Ranorex 6.2.1/Win10

Any assistance or information would be greatly appreciated.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: NuGet Package Sources Not Populating Available Packages

Post by Support Team » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:39 pm

Hello Megaloblastic,

I was able to duplicate your concern on my local machine. I have escalated this issue and added it to our internal bug tracker to be further investigated by our developers.

In the meantime, you can use the Package Manager Console to install your Nuget packages from your network source.
  • 1. Open the PM console (Ranorex Studio > View > Tools > Package Manager Console)
    2. Set your "Package Source" to your already created Nuget network source
    3. Type "install-package PackageName" (replace with your package name)
    Untitled.png
Kind Regards,
Ned
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: NuGet Package Sources Not Populating Available Packages

Post by Support Team » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:59 pm

Update: I was able to install my network package through the GUI. It just took a minute to load since my network drive is located on the other side of the world. Megaloblastic, do your packages load if you let the GUI window stay open for a bit?

If not, are you able to successfully add them through the console outlined in the previous reply?

Kind Regards,
Ned