Object fails to detect in run time

Bug reports.
Esivakumar

Object fails to detect in run time

Post by Esivakumar » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:23 pm

Hi,
In a tabbed dialog, I am able to record a tab within another tab, and the controls in them. But during the playback, the script is not able to click on the inner tab.Refer attachment..

My application is VB6 windows desktop application.

Please suggest any solution to workaround this issue.

Thanks
Last edited by Esivakumar on Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Inner tab is not located automatically

Post by odklizec » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:15 am

Hi,

Do you mean that Ranorex is not able to find the tab during runtime? Please post exact error message you are getting (ideally entire report), Ranorex snapshot (not screenshot!!!) of the problematic tab and element's xpath as stored in repository.

Without these things, it's next to impossible to suggest something reliable. Thanks.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Esivakumar

Post by Esivakumar » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:52 am

Hi,
This is the error occurring in the report and object fails to identify during run time,

Failed to move to location '75;9' within element '{Unknown:SSTabCtlWndClass}'.
The pointer cannot be moved to point '{X=-4467,Y=161}' since it is outside of the visible desktop.
Show/Hide Stacktrace
at Ranorex.Mouse.MoveTo(Element element, Location location, Duration moveTime) at Ranorex.Adapter.Click(MouseButtons buttons, Location location, Int32 times, Duration moveTime, Boolean showOutOfBoundsWarning) at Ranorex.Adapter.Click(Location location) at Frameworkimplementation.DuressWithoutAccessDoors.Ranorex.Core.Testing.ITestModule.Run() in f:\Praveen\Frameworkimplementation\Frameworkimplementation\DuressWithoutAccessDoors.cs:line 137 at Ranorex.Core.Testing.TestModuleLeaf.RunInternal(DataContext parentDataContext, Int32 iteration, Int32 iterationCount, Boolean skipIteration)

Thanks

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:02 am

Hi,

As mentioned, please post a Ranores snapshot of the problematic element. Also, please post a screenshot of the recording action responsible for click on tab. Thanks.
Pavel Kudrys

• Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Esivakumar

Re: Object fails to detect in run time

Post by Esivakumar » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:11 pm

Hi,
I have attached snapshot as well as Screenshot. During the automation needs to open the "Logic" tab under the main tab.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:42 pm

Hi Esivakumar,

The error is not that the object can't be found, but that it exists outside of the current view.
The pointer cannot be moved to point '{X=-4467,Y=161}' since it is outside of the visible desktop.
There are many reasons why this may be happening but without more information, it is hard to say. Try to disable this out of bounds check and see if it resolves your issue.
settingsmousebounds.png
Also, is the provided Snapshot from runtime via a Create Snapshot action or through Ranorex Spy? This Snapshot does not have object recognition of the tab itself, but the entire tab container. To better diagnose your issue, we need a second Snapshot from runtime or from Spy to compare this one too (whichever this one is not).
I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Ned
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:37 am

Hi,

In my opinion, the main problem is that the tabs are not recognized correctly (most probably due to automation unfriendly GUI implementation). Ranorex does not click on tabs as such but at recorded screen coordinates, which could be incorrect/different at runtime. Additionally, there are almost no IDs for the individual elements.

I think your only hope is to add SSTabCtlWndClass to GDI Capture list, refresh Spy and see if there are RAW texts available, which could help you to locate and click proper tabs. Or, as a last resort, you can use image-based automation. But I would definitely try the GDI Access first.
Pavel Kudrys

• Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration