Object identification by "Track..." is not working

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
stefanschoe

Object identification by "Track..." is not working

Post by stefanschoe » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:18 pm

Hello!

I have different flex applications that I test with Ranorex. One of those appliations does not allow me to track elements by using "Track...". The only way to get an element is to click through the tree in the Ranorex spy element browser. The strange thing is, that even the highlighting there works. So I am wondering why it is not possible to use the much easier "Track..." functionality.

Another problem is, that for this application special flex elements like sliders are not recoginced as sliders but just as normal elements. (seen screenshots) This makes it hard to set the slider by the ranorex automation.

Can you help me out with any information of what may be the problem here?

Thank you!

Stefan

Ranorex Version: 4.0.4.23593
Windows 7
IE 9.0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Object identification by "Track..." is not working

Post by Support Team » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:57 pm

Hello,

It seems that FromPoint is not working correctly. In order to analyze the issue in more detail it would be very helpful to get at Ranorex Snapshot file.
Concerning the second issue, here would also help a Ranorex Snapshot file.
Please read the section "Creating Ranorex Snapshot Files" in order to get more information how to create a Ranorex Snapshot file.
Additionally could you please send us the flash log file?
The log file can be found in the following directory C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\Logs,
please consider that you have to first "Enable Flash Trace Log" in the instrumentation wizard.
Thank you!

Regards,
Bernhard

mdgairaud

Post by mdgairaud » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:07 pm

Hi,

I recently find a webpage where the element I just wanted to click had an path that confuses the Spy.
It was caused because one element in the path had a name and the Spy went crazy with this, I try to explain with images how I solve it because it's a bit complex :)

1. It's a webpage with two table named "table1" at the same level but in diferent 'branches' (img_1). I want an element in the second table1 (the one at the bottom), but when selecting it directly from spy or from a recording the path changes to the upper table1.
img1.png
2. To solve it, just navigate to the upper level of the desired table1 and copy the RxPath in the notepad to use it later (img_2)
img2.png
3. With this path copied, just selected the element I want and copy the RxPath that is after [table1] (img_3). When the item is selected, the RxPath changes and point to the other table1 (img_4). The RxPath that is after ...\[table1] is good ,so copy and paste it after the one copied in step2 to create a real RxPath to the element (img_5 & img_6)
img3.png

Not sure if it helps with your case, but it's a strange behavior of the spy when some items have the same name and might gives you an idea ;)

regards,
Mateo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mdgairaud

Post by mdgairaud » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:10 pm

the rest of images... it's limited to 3 files only :evil:
img4.png
img5.png
img6.png

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:32 am

Hello Mateo,

Thank you for providing your solution.

Regards,
Bernhard