Object Identification Issue

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
Rakesh123

Object Identification Issue

Post by Rakesh123 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:34 pm

Hi,

Ranorex was able to recognize the element till yesterday but today when I am trying to spy the same element it can't able to recognize.

There was no application changes made(No new build).

Please find the snapshot & screen shot of the objects.

'ActualObject.JPG' is the actual object required for Automation.

'ToolStripMain.rxsnp' & 'ToolStripMain_Screenshot.JPG' are the images which we get while capturing using Ranorex Spy

Please help in sort out this problem ASAP.

Thanks,
Rakesh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Object Identification Issue

Post by odklizec » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:39 pm

Hi,

Could you please post the xpath you are using in repository for given element?

In the snapshot you posted, there is a 'rawimage' for button "Add" and the xpath (in snapshot) looks like this:
/form[@controlname='MainForm']/element[@controltypename='MdiClient']/form[@controlname='Tab' and @controlid='4']/container/container/element/container[@controlname='SplitPanel1']/container/container[@controlname='panelContentContainer']/container/container/container/container[@controlname='topPanel']/toolbar[@controlname='toolStripMain']/rawimage[@id='TXLPCEJD']
So make sure the xpath in repo match the one from snapshot.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Rakesh123

Post by Rakesh123 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:17 am

Hi,

Please find the attached snap shot of the image which is captured using Ranorex Spy.

I want to capture 'Add' button in the attached snap shot.

Few days back I was able to capture the 'Add' button but now Ranorex spy is not able to capture that.

I am working on the same application build and same Ranorex version(6.1).

Can you please help me ASAP as this is blocking our Automation tasks.

Thanks,
Rakesh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:48 am

Hi,

Apparently, when you created and posted the first snapshot, the toolbar element was added to the GDI Capture List and so there were raw text and images available. So it was possible to track the "Add" button. In other words, it seems the toolbar buttons are not traceable without using GDI Capture List, most probably because of no or incorrect implementation of accessibility?

I've compared both snapshots and it seems there is a difference in machine process architecture?
ProcessArchitecture.png
The first snapshot (the one with raw text and images) was created with 32bit the second one (without raw texts and images) with 64bit architecture. Please make sure the toolbar is always added to the GDI Capture List. Otherwise, you will most probably not be able to track the toolbar buttons.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration