Object repository problem after update to Ranorex 7

Bug reports.
andy_g

Object repository problem after update to Ranorex 7

Post by andy_g » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:20 pm

After update to Ranorex 7 all our tests are broken. Problem is located in object repository – now tracking works totally different. For example previously object was described like this (after auto tracking):

.//container[@name='org-eclipse-e4-ui-compatibility-editor']//container[@caption='Event Logs']/?/?/container[@name='content']/container[@name='body']/container[@caption='Application']/container[@name='contentCp']/text[3]

And now after tracking looks like this:

element[@instance='2']//element[@instance='1']/element/element[@class='SWT_Window0']/element[@instance='0']/element/element[@class='SWT_Window0']/element[@instance='0']/element[@instance='1']/element/element[@instance='0']/element[@instance='0']/element[@instance='2']/element[@instance='2']/text[@class='Edit']

So the path is changed and automatic tracking works differently. Also some objects are not recognized like previously – for example Java FX objects embedded into SWT window.
We are using Java SWT technology in windows desktop application.

Do you have some ideas what could be the problem?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Object repository problem after update to Ranorex 7

Post by Support Team » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:23 pm

Hello andy_g,

I first have to ask if you happen to have two instances of your java application open at once. Ranorex will use "instance" to set them apart, so you must first make sure that only one copy of your application is open. If two copies of the same application remain open, or is not avoidable, then you will see "instance" attribute used in the RanoreXPath, but this is not likely to happen if only one copy of your application is open. In Windows 10 it is definitely easy to have two copies of an application open, and not notice it because like applications are grouped in the task bar.

If you continue to have difficulties with this, then please make sure that you send email to [email protected] (USA) or to [email protected] (Europe and world), so that we can better help you.

-- M. Kendall McIntosh
Support Engineer

andy_g

Post by andy_g » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:23 am

Hi,

Yes email to support was also sended. I checked but only one instance of application is open. When I tried with Ranorex 6 on the same pc object tracking works fine so it looks like a bug in Ranorex 7 version of repository.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:18 pm

Hello all,

we are already in contact with the customer via email and will update the forum post as soon as the issue is resolved.

Sincerely,
Robert

MALU

Post by MALU » Wed May 24, 2017 11:16 am

Hi Support Team,

I would like to know if this problem has already been solved?
I have some sort of same problem after updating to Ranorex 7.0 a month ago and now suddenly occurs

If I do a run application within the ranorex studio (Client 1), a (repository) Container is not found. If I do it via a romote run (Client 2) then it is found.

When I replace Container by Element then the ranorex studio run (Client 1)finds the item
and the romote run (Client 2) not.

How can there be a difference between the run application bij ranorex studio and the remote run, even when they go to the exact same software application?

We use Ranorex for a windows application.

Is this solved in Ranorex 7.0.1?

Kind regards,
Martin

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri May 26, 2017 12:29 pm

Hello Martin,

This was an issue with the Java plug-in which was fixed in Ranorex 7.0.1. If you are also testing a Java application, upgrading might also solve your problem, but if your application is based on a different technology upgrading will not help.
If this is the case please send an email to [email protected]. We will be happy to help solving the issue.

Sincerely,
Bernhard