Object Unrecognized in QT

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
DevinderSodhi

Object Unrecognized in QT

Post by DevinderSodhi » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:20 pm

Hello,

We used to run an application on an older version of QT, which we attributed to specific objects not being found with spy. However, we've recently tested a version 5+ of QT with the app and the same elements within QT are still invisible. These objects include a tab page index and all the text/radio and button objects within it. The most granularity I can get is the container wrapped around this material.

So far I have followed the directions over at ranorex website about qt-testing at help/latest/technology-instrumentation/qt-testing
which really didn't help this case. I suppose its just for better identification, not for finding objects that don't currently get recognized.
Attachments
vectra_v5.PNG
vectra_v5.PNG (45.09 KiB) Viewed 419 times

RobinHood42

Re: Object Unrecognized in QT

Post by RobinHood42 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:52 am

Hi,

If your application is a dynamically linked QT app and has one of the supported QT versions (as mentioned here) but still not working, I would recommend creating a small sample app, which illustrates the issue or providing a demo version of your actual AUT to the Ranorex staff for further analyzes: [email protected]

Cheers,
Robin 8)

DevinderSodhi

Re: Object Unrecognized in QT

Post by DevinderSodhi » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:42 pm

Thanks,

I did try the methods mentioned above, but to no avail. I m not part of the dev team for the project, i m just helping figure out if we can make use of Ranorex to test this product. As it stands we'd have to write something really custom that depends on the coordinates and then put a wrapper around the controls for that.

I will see if we can discuss with the dev team why this might be happening for only a portion of the app, but not the rest.