Objects are offset.

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
jadegodsey

Objects are offset.

Post by jadegodsey » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:42 pm

Running 7.1.0.
This is not an issue on a single-screen virtual machine.

We are testing against an Electron application based on Chromium. This issue is occurring on both Windows 7 and Windows 10. Our machines are laptops are using a docking station and multiple (3) monitors.

The debug port is setup on the application. Ranorex addon is installed in chrome.

On these laptops, all elements of our application appear to be offset whenever highlighted.

In the attached screenshots this problem is shown. The mouse itself was not captured by the screenshots.

offset1: The user is mousing over the red phone icon through Ranorex Spy. The object is highlighted to the left and above.
offset2: The user has highlighted the bottom red button through the object repository. This is also highlighted left and above.

Is there any resolution to this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vega

Re: Objects are offset.

Post by Vega » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:21 pm

I had this happen on my system and was able to resolve the issue with a registry edit. You can manually edit this key or create a simple reg file. To create a reg file, take the below text and paste it into notepad. Then save it and for file type, select all files. Give the file a .reg file extension. Execute the reg file and it should give you a warning letting you know you are adjusting the registry. Once again you can manually edit this key to the value below but its easier imo to just run the reg file.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
"LowLevelHooksTimeout"=dword:00001f40

Hope this helps

jadegodsey

Post by jadegodsey » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:39 pm

Sorry for the delay.

Unfortunately that did not resolve my issue.

Vega

Post by Vega » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:35 pm

I should have mentioned this in my previous reply, but you need to restart your machine after making changes to the registry. Please ensure you perform a restart after you edit the specified key.

Are all 3 monitors using the same scaling & resolution? DPI settings would also be something worth checking. Are you able to provide two snapshots (not to be confused with a screenshot), one from each machine?

jadegodsey

Post by jadegodsey » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:04 pm

Thank you. When you mentioned scaling it reminded me I had the scaling of my laptop (all 3 screens) set to 125% (bad eyesight). I reduced this back to 100% and everything was fixed.

Seems like it should work if all 3 are the same, but I'm happy to have it working regardless.