Old/new Delphi paths: can you mix them?

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
daa

Old/new Delphi paths: can you mix them?

Post by daa » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:49 am

OK, I've finally managed to get some time to look at the Ranorex 3 upgrade, and I'm looking at the changed Delphi support, in particular the changed RxPath for Delphi applications. We have a large collection of tests for our Delphi application, which may all need changing :-(

Anyway, one set of these tests is for a legacy application which is more-or-less static, and another set is for the current under-development version. Ideally, I'd like to leave this code alone (use old-style RxPaths) and do the work to bring the test suite for the current project up to date, possibly changing the structure to use the new Test Suite support.

I've looked at the backwards compatibility flag in Ranorex Spy -> Settings, and that seems to apply globally across every solution/project.

My question is, is it possible to maintain two different Ranorex Studio/Spy setups, where one uses old-style Delphi paths (for the infrequent wok on the old stuff) and one that use the new (for ongoing development)?

--
David Allsopp
Test Automation Engineer, Mitrefinch Ltd.
David Allsopp,
Test Automation Engineer, Mitrefinch Ltd.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Old/new Delphi paths: can you mix them?

Post by Support Team » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:41 pm

Hi,
My question is, is it possible to maintain two different Ranorex Studio/Spy setups, where one uses old-style Delphi paths (for the infrequent wok on the old stuff) and one that use the new (for ongoing development)?
Unfortunately there isn't a way to run two different Ranorex Studio/Spy setups parallel on one machine.
What you can do is to write your own config/setup file, save it (or simple export it) and before you start Ranorex you have to move the desired config to the "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming" folder. After that Ranorex will run with the desired config file.
These steps (copying the right config file and starting of Ranorex) can be made in a bat file.

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Support Team