On Win7,can't get right items on DeviceManager

Ask general questions here.
marcushe

On Win7,can't get right items on DeviceManager

Post by marcushe » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:46 am

Environment :Win7
I wan't click some divecs on DeviceManager, so i use Ranorex Spy(x86) to recognize it. items found are indicated as Treeitem[1], Treeitem[2]..., if i use Ranorex Spy to recognize, items are TreeItem[@text='xxx']. but only the Rxpath from Ranorex Spy(X86) can work in studio.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: On Win7,can't get right items on DeviceManager

Post by Support Team » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:10 pm

On 64 bit Windows, please, use the "Ranorex Spy" (without "x86" at the end) to automate 64 bit processes, then you will be able to retrieve the text from the tree items. See the corresponding topic in the Ranorex User Guide: http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... forms.html

The integrated Spy in Ranorex Studio always acts like "Ranorex Spy (x86)", so if you automate 64 bit processes, please use the standalone "Ranorex Spy" instead of the integrated one (just run Ranorex Spy and Ranorex Studio side by side).

We are already working on a better solution for that 32/64 bit issue for one of our next major/minor release, where all Ranorex applications transparently work with 32 and 64 bit processes, i.e. there will be only one Ranorex Spy tool any more.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Support Team

marcushe

Bad news

Post by marcushe » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:38 am

Thanks for your sugguestion ,my friends.
Environment:win7 US 64bit
I have already used Ranorex Spy--without x86 to get the Rxpath, however, the rxpath doesn't work in Studio. Only the Rxpath gotten from Ranorex Spy(X86) can work.
Can i know when the next release will be deploied?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:35 am

As I said, please use the external Spy for automating 64 bit processes!

The release providing a transparent solution for 32 and 64 bits will still take some time and is scheduled for spring 2010.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Support Team

marcushe

Post by marcushe » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:06 am

Support Team wrote:As I said, please use the external Spy for automating 64 bit processes!

The release providing a transparent solution for 32 and 64 bits will still take some time and is scheduled for spring 2010.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Support Team
Thanks.
I really use the path gotten by Ranorex Spy without x86 at the end ,which is launched standalone.