Operating system 32/64 bit question

Ask general questions here.
lei.yuan

Operating system 32/64 bit question

Post by lei.yuan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:04 am

I built my project on window vista Service Pack 2 32bit but failed to run on the window 7 64bit.And the ErrorReprot said,"Failed to find item 'FLRepository.WebDocument.......SomeDivTag1.ATag...... within 1.5s".That being said that it can not find the control item.
the version of the Ranorex are the same between two computers,both of them are 3.0.5. Both are IE 9.0.So is anything should be focused on this problem? Or how can I run successfully on the window 7 64bit ?

Thanks,
Lei.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Operating system 32/64 bit question

Post by Support Team » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:03 am

Before suggesting anything else, could you please increase the timeout from 1,5 seconds to say 30 seconds or more for that item? It could be that the two machines are just different in their processing power...

If that does not help, could you please post the path for that item and the repository (zipped) it is in? Thank you!

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team

lei.yuan

Post by lei.yuan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:46 am

I didn't change the timeout at all . It's default. On win7 64-bit machine, Every time when it runs to the red line marked on image captured, it can not find the elements, and it occurs error after it lasts 1.5m.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:11 pm

Hi,

Are you able to track the element with Spy using your repository path? Did you try to highlight the element with the repository item? Would i be possible to post us two snapshot of your element? One of the working and one of the non working machine?

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team