Organising test via Command-Line

Ask general questions here.
zator

Organising test via Command-Line

Post by zator » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:49 am

Hello,

I created Test-suite which looks like that:
My question is whether is it possible to run, using command line, for example TEST_2 but not skip MainTestCase, i mean:
I tried to use Command_Line argument /tc:TEST_2 but it seems that it only runs TEST_2 TestCase without MainTestCase.

Paweł

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Organising test via Command-Line

Post by Support Team » Thu May 02, 2013 8:07 am

Hello Pavel,

The command /tc:TEST_2 starts only a specific test case (in your case "TEST_2").
I would suggest to use a specific run configuration of your test suite.
Just define a new run configuration and then you can use for example /rc:YourConfiguration
Please read the section "Running a Test Suite" in order to get more information how to define a run configuration for your test suite.
Please let me know if you need any further information or assistance.

Regards,
Bernhard

michael23

Post by michael23 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:31 pm

I have the same issue. I want to call Test_1, Test_2 or Test_3 seperatly and it must be execute all parent testcases e.g. MaintestCase.

If I use run configurations, I must create a configuration for each testcase (in this case three). Finally I have amount of configurations. I want to get the behaviour of the ranorex test suite runner. If I choose there a testcase, it will be execute automatically all enabled teststeps, setups and teardowns of all parent testcases. How can I get this behaviour by using the command-line? Alternative: Is there an another way to call the testcases seperatly without define an conifuration or so on for each testcase?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:28 pm

Hi michael23,

You can run a test case after another using the /tc: expression in the command line and you can also collect them within a *.bat file, but in my point of view the Ranorex configuration is much more comfortable than calling testcases separately.
The whole list of the command line commands can be found in the section "Running Tests via Command Line" in our user guide.
Please let me know if I didn't understand you correctly.

Regards,
Bernhard