Out of Memory Errors

Bug reports.
tamiro

Out of Memory Errors

Post by tamiro » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:59 pm

I've have hit "Out of Memory" errors a number of times. Here is the exception from the last one. At the time I was trying to change the search timeout on an item. Before that I had renamed my solution name from "SDLT" to "SLDT". Had made a silly mistake when creating the project. Replaced the text everywhere and rebuilt. Just before the exception I got a pop-up about the directory in which to save the repository not existing. Seems like some confusion persisted over the name change. Anyway here is the exception:
Ranorex Studio Version : 2.2.2.7850
.NET Version : 2.0.50727.3603
OS Version : Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Current culture : English (United States) (en-US)
Working Set Memory : 406108kb
GC Heap Memory : 530826kb

Exception thrown:
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at System.String.GetStringForStringBuilder(String value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Int32 capacity)
at System.Text.StringBuilder.GetNewString(String currentString, Int32 requiredLength)
at System.Text.StringBuilder.Append(String value)
at Ranorex.Core.FastXml.XmlNode.PrintNode(StringBuilder text, XmlNode node, String indent)
at Ranorex.Core.FastXml.XmlNode.PrintNode(StringBuilder text, XmlNode node, String indent)
at Ranorex.Core.FastXml.XmlDoc.ToXmlString()
at Ranorex.Core.Recorder.RecordTable.ToXmlString()
at Ranorex.Core.Recorder.RecordTable.get_IsDirty()
at Ranorex.Addins.RecorderPrimaryViewContent.<UpDateIsDirty>b__a()

---- Recent log messages:
Failed to append recent log messages.
System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Sda.LogMessageRecorder.AppendRecentLogMessages(StringBuilder sb, ILog log)
at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Sda.ExceptionBox.getClipboardString()

---- Post-error application state information:
Installed 3rd party AddIns: [RanorexLogViewer 2.2.2.7850], [RxObjectRepository 2.2.2.7850], [RxRecorder 2.2.2.7850], [Workflow Foundation Designer 2.2.2.7850], [ElementTree 2.2.2.7850]
Workbench.ActiveContent: Ranorex.Addins.RecorderPrimaryViewContent
ProjectService.OpenSolution: [Solution: FileName=C:\Documents and Settings\tamiro\My Documents\RanorexStudio Projects\SDLT_Dashboard\SLDT_Dashboard.rxsln, HasProjects=True, ReadOnly=False]
ProjectService.CurrentProject: [CSharpProject: SLDT_Dashboard]

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Out of Memory Errors

Post by Support Team » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:13 pm

Hi!

Thanks for posting the bug, I've submitted it to our internal bug tracking tool.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Support Team