out of memory exception during recording editing

Bug reports.
Kenji

out of memory exception during recording editing

Post by Kenji » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:26 pm

This exception was thrown when I was editing my recording. I deleted a mouse click action.

Ranorex Studio Version : 2.2.2.7850
.NET Version : 2.0.50727.4952
OS Version : Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7600.0
Current culture : Swedish (Sweden) (sv-SE)
Current UI language : en-US
Running under WOW6432, processor architecture: AMD64
Working Set Memory : 360644kb
GC Heap Memory : 195263kb

Exception thrown:
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at System.String.GetStringForStringBuilder(String value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Int32 capacity)
at System.Text.StringBuilder.GetNewString(String currentString, Int32 requiredLength)
at System.Text.StringBuilder.Append(String value)
at Ranorex.Core.FastXml.XmlNode.PrintNode(StringBuilder text, XmlNode node, String indent)
at Ranorex.Core.FastXml.XmlNode.PrintNode(StringBuilder text, XmlNode node, String indent)
at Ranorex.Core.FastXml.XmlDoc.ToXmlString()
at Ranorex.Core.Recorder.RecordTable.ToXmlString()
at Ranorex.Controls.ItemRecorder.<.ctor>b__0(RecordTable rt)
at Ranorex.Controls.UndoStack`2.UpdateState(T obj)
at Ranorex.Controls.ItemRecorder.OnRecordingChanged(Boolean updateUndo)
at Ranorex.Controls.ItemRecorder.UpdateListFromRecordTable(Boolean causeOnRecordingChanged)
at Ranorex.Controls.ItemRecorder.RemoveSelectedItems()
at Ranorex.Controls.ItemRecorder.lvItems_KeyDown(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

---- Recent log messages:
Failed to append recent log messages.
System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Sda.LogMessageRecorder.AppendRecentLogMessages(StringBuilder sb, ILog log)
at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Sda.ExceptionBox.getClipboardString()

---- Post-error application state information:
Installed 3rd party AddIns: [RanorexLogViewer 2.2.2.7850], [RxObjectRepository 2.2.2.7850], [RxRecorder 2.2.2.7850], [Workflow Foundation Designer 2.2.2.7850], [ElementTree 2.2.2.7850]
Workbench.ActiveContent: Ranorex.Addins.RecorderPrimaryViewContent
ProjectService.OpenSolution: [Solution: FileName=C:\Users\Test\Documents\RanorexStudio Projects\Web client Nordic Hotfix\Web client\Web client Nordic Hotfix.rxsln, HasProjects=True, ReadOnly=False]
ProjectService.CurrentProject: [CSharpProject: Web client Nordic Hotfix]
Last edited by Kenji on Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: out of memory exception during recording editing

Post by Support Team » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:47 pm

Hi kenji,
thank you for posting this issue! We need a little more information, please:

Could you please attach the repository and the recording files in compressed in a ZIP package?
Do you have many screenshots in your repository or a lot of actions in the recording?

Best regards,
Christian
Ranorex Team

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:00 pm

The requested files are now attached to this reply. I also attached the Web clientRepository.cs, just in case if you needed it.

The ZIP-file is password protected because of security reasons. Are there any way I could send you the password privately?

I keep getting exceptions when I'm working with this repository and the recordings. Exceptions are thrown when I try to open various recordings and when I make changes to the recordings. Sometimes I need to try opening a recording twice to be able to open it at all.

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:01 pm

Do you see the attached file? I'm not sure if the attachment was successfully uploaded?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:26 pm

Kenji wrote:Do you see the attached file? I'm not sure if the attachment was successfully uploaded?
No, there is no file attached.
Kenji wrote:The ZIP-file is password protected because of security reasons. Are there any way I could send you the password privately?
You can send the password to support_at_ranorex.com, but you can also send the whole zip file there.
Kenji wrote:I keep getting exceptions when I'm working with this repository and the recordings
Do you have many screenshots in your repository? That is usually the reason for OutOfMemory exceptions. Try removing unused screenshots and update to the latest Ranorex release, please.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:10 pm

I have now sent you 4 mails with 4 parts of my rar file.

Are there any way to filter search in the repository to find all screenshots or something like that?

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:14 pm

Trying to attach part 1 here as the mails didn't get sent because of exceeding message file size....

Not working. What are the file size limit of attachments to your forum?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:39 pm

The maximum file size for attachements in the forum is 5 MB and for emails to support it's 10 MB.

However, in general you should never exceed a few hundred KBs when sending us a zipped project (unless you have thousands of images in there). Just make sure that all generated files/folders are not in the ZIP package, e.g. you should delete the "bin", "obj", and "Reports" folders before zipping the project directory.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:02 pm

The repository itself is 6417KB. Compressed (best) using WinRAR to zip-format it will be 3379KB.

My recordings is like (uncompressed) 1569KB, 6440KB, 5090KB, 6416KB and so on. So I'm not really sure how to upload this :D.

Are my recordings ridicously huge or? The recordings contain like 20-60 steps depending on what test case it is.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:06 pm

Kenji wrote:My recordings is like (uncompressed) 1569KB, 6440KB, 5090KB, 6416KB and so on. So I'm not really sure how to upload this
Actually, the repository would be the most interesting part of your project. Just zip the repository file and send it to support_at_ranorex.com. Thank you!
Kenji wrote:Are my recordings ridicously huge or? The recordings contain like 20-60 steps depending on what test case it is.
I think the problem is not the number of recording steps, but the repository integrated into the recorder file. Even if you have an external repository, up to Ranorex 2.3.1 the recording file contains a copy of the repository. You should definitely update to the latest Ranorex release 2.3.8 - we made some fundamental changes to the memory efficiency since V2.2.2 (see the release notes):
http://www.ranorex.com/download.html

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:22 pm

Thank you for your time. I just sent the repository to you by email.

I will read through the release notes and discuss with my company about an upgrade for Ranorex.

Thank you!