ParallelRunner Licence Question

Experiences, small talk, and other automation gossip.
Andi

ParallelRunner Licence Question

Post by Andi » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:49 pm

Hello,

we use Ranorex Parallel Runner, 2 Flotaing Licenes on VM, Selenium Grid and three Operating Systems on different VMs with ten different Browsers/Versions on each Operation System.
If i put more than 3 Capabilities in CapabilitiyMatrix i get following error during execution ParallelRunner for example:

[Run 5]: [2018/10/25 13:08:32.306][Failure][Licensing]: The License Manager '127.0.0.1' was contacted, but no suitable license was available. Please add additional licenses to your License Manager or wait until licenses become available.

It means I need mor licences? Which type of Licens do I need to keep costs low. How much Parallel Runs can I execute with one such license?

Do we have possiblitiy to run Tests sequential but automated with ParallelRunner and one CapabilitiyMatrix?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ParallelRunner Licence Question

Post by Support Team » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:02 pm

Hi Andi,

Each test running parallel/simultaneously requires its own floating runtime or premium license with runtime licenses would be the most cost-effective. If you do not have enough licenses, it is recommended to run each test sequentially instead of simultaneously to avoid hitting your license limit.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Ned

AndreasMaerz

Post by AndreasMaerz » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:26 am

Hi there,
I'm also interested in the second question here:
Is it possible to run the tests sequential with one CapibilitiesMatrix using ParallelRunner?
Often you have less licenses than scenarios to run so this point is very important for us.
Thank you very much,
Andreas März

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:36 am

Hi,

In case of limited number of licenses, it’s good practice to implement WaitForAvailableLicense method. For more details, follow for example this post...
running-tests-on-numerous-machines-t8803.html#p35582
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration