Parameters for Magic Merger in Tortoise

Ask general questions here.
reg

Parameters for Magic Merger in Tortoise

Post by reg » Mon May 18, 2020 2:44 pm

Hi,

I've been trying to use Tortoise and the Ranorex Magic Merger to resolve merging conflicts in my project.

But when the Magic Merger opens it shows me the following message: "Cannot merge because no merge'base' is available. Please choose 'mine' or 'theirs' via the source control system.'

I think i Have everything set up the right way in Tortoise: I set the extension specific programs für .csproj, .rxrep and . rxtst to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ranorex\Studio\Bin\Raorex.MagerMerger.exe -base:%base -mine:%mine -theirs:%theirs -output:%merged".

MaxP

Re: Parameters for Magic Merger in Tortoise

Post by MaxP » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:15 pm

A tree conflict occurs when a developer moved/renamed/deleted a file or folder, which another developer either also has moved/renamed/deleted or just modified.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Parameters for Magic Merger in Tortoise

Post by Support Team » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:19 am

Hello MaxP,

according to the error message, it seems there is no base file available. Please try if it works in geneeral when using the Magic Merger locally. You can do so by running the executable from the command line with the required parameters (change path if required): C:\Program Files (x86)\Ranorex 8.2\Bin\Ranorex.MagicMerger.exe -base: -mine: -theirs: -output: The output file is generated automatically as a result of the merge process.

If this works, ther might be a problem with TortoiseSVN.

Regards,
Bernhard