Path To Elements in Table

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
jmorrisfmc

Path To Elements in Table

Post by jmorrisfmc » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:29 pm

Hi All!
I'm newly back on Ranorex to automate a Desktop App and I can't recall how to obtain the element path from a table that does not contain individual elements. Below is my table with the Spy enabled. You can see that we are only able to see the table around the table elements. I've enabled GDI but I can only identify the scroll bars. Any ideas would be much appreciated!
LogMenu.jpg
Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Path To Elements in Table

Post by odklizec » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:12 am

Hi,

Unfortunately, if there are no elements returned even by GDI Capture, you are probably out of luck here? I'm afraid, it's impossible to tell what you can or can't do without access to your app. Not even snapshot would be useful here. There are too many unknowns (Ranorex version, OS version, kind of UI technology, ...) and without access to the AUT, there is nothing anyone here can do or suggest.

So, at first, make sure you are using most recent Rnaorex version (9.3.2). Debugging such kind of issue in an obsolete Ranorex version is a waste of time and energy. If you are using most recent version and you applied GDI Capture to correct element (with zero success), your best hope is to contact Ranorex support and request a remote session with them. They may need to see the problem in action and most probably get the access to the app under test so they may analyze it with their magic tools and spells ;)
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

jmorrisfmc

Re: Path To Elements in Table

Post by jmorrisfmc » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:31 pm

Your reply was exactly what I needed. I figured out that the GDI setting I was missing was the RawText. Once I enabled this, POW the elements are all there. I appreciate your response and help! Thanks so much! :D