Playback API

Class library usage, coding and language questions.
john2069

Playback API

Post by john2069 » Thu May 17, 2007 5:32 pm

I have downloaded Ranorex 1.1.0. I have worked through most of the samples.

What I don't see is the part of the API that works with the record/playback functionality seen in RanorexRecorder. Did I overlook something? Is this functionality available as an API?

great product! thanks.
john2069

webops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webops » Thu May 17, 2007 9:12 pm

The automatically generated code by the Recorder works only with RanorexPro-1.2.0 or above.
Some functions are only supported in the professional version.
We will upload the next beta of the recorder RanorexRecorder-1.2.0-Beta2.exe next week.

I hope we can release V1.2.0 at the beginning of June.

Jenö
Ranorex Team

john2069

Record\Playback API

Post by john2069 » Thu May 17, 2007 9:48 pm

lWhile the ability to perform functional tests with your API is very powerful, it has great potential in the area of load testing. I work for a company that works with somewhat unique UI and data. Initial testing has of your product has been very promising. But we have existing test environments focused on functional testing.

What we are exploring is load testing of our thick-client (COM based) applications, and our web tier clients. We currently have developed a test harness that supports the spawning of many thick-clients, but requires code to exercise embedded functionality. This is not easy for many of our business partners that customize our product for their clients.

The ability to record a "script"/code with Recorder and playback many times on varous servers, laptops and desktops would be extremely powerful. This could be another packaging of your software components.?

Are there plans for this in the future?
john2069

webops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webops » Fri May 18, 2007 10:57 pm

The recorded data (script/code) can be saved in the following form:
  • XML file
    You can open the file from the recorder or you can replay the recorded data automatically from the command line:

RanorexRecorder projectfile.xml
  • EXE - Executable
  • C# file
    You can embed the source into your test application or you can call the C# compiler and linker and generate a command line executable:

csc /out:MyTest.exe /r:RanorexNet.dll MyTest.cs
  • Python
    You can edit the python code or you can start the interpreter from the command line
  • C++
    You can use the code or generate a command line application
Jenö
Ranorex Team