Please check your whitelist message appear half the way while execution

Ask general questions here.
rsudhak

Please check your whitelist message appear half the way while execution

Post by rsudhak » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:47 am

Hi ,
Currently, I have a test suite that has more than 150 tests. It has been noticed that I can't run the whole test suit in a go if I do Half the way I get this error saying Failed to find the item. Please check that your whitelist allows Ranorex to access the process
I have to restart the application and re-run the rest of the items. Any idea as to why this is happening?

Thanks,
Rajee

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Please check your whitelist message appear half the way while execution

Post by odklizec » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:54 am

Hi,

I'm afraid, that without seeing the problem in action and knowing the test suite structure and context, it's impossible to tell what's wrong.

Is the app started just once and all tests are performed on the same instance of the AUT? Or do you restart the app during tests? Is the AUT always the same and started with the same privileges? Are you sure there are no multiple instances of the app running (with different process name)? Does the problem happen always at the same place?

Also, it would be ideal if you share a Ranorex snapshot of the problematic element, along with the full xpath, as stored in repository.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

rsudhak

Post by rsudhak » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:19 am

Hi,
Quick answer below:
1. is the app started just once and all tests are performed on the same instance of the AUT? Yes
2. do you restart the app during tests? No
3. Is the AUT always the same and started with the same privileges? Yes, as admin
4. Are you sure there are no multiple instances of the app running (with different process name)? Yes, there are no multiple instance
5. Does the problem happen always at the same place? - No, its random

Thanks,
Rajee

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:30 am

Hi,

Thanks for the answers. Well, I'm afraid, that there is not much else anyone here can do or suggest. You see, without seeing the problem in action, it's impossible tot tell what's wrong. If I were you, I would try to isolate the problem. For example, try to add Create Snapshot action to typically failing module(s) and get the snapshot of entire app. Then, if the test fails, try to examine the snapshot and search the failing xpath.

BTW, are you sure there is no other error issued during the test execution? Try to enable Trace log in Ranorex settings and examine the log right after the failure...
trace_log.png
trace_log.png (12.04 KiB) Viewed 106 times
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration