Plugin Not Work in Firefox 38.7.0es

Bug reports.
stalxed

Plugin Not Work in Firefox 38.7.0es

Post by stalxed » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:01 pm

Hello!

I have clear Windows 8 Pro 64 With All Installed updates.

I install clear Firefox 38.7.0es from here:
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/rel ... 7.0esr.exe

Ranorex plugin not work and Firefox display JavaScript error: "TypeError: rxAutomation3 is undefined"

I test in in different Ranorex Versions: 6.0.0, 5.4.6, 5.4.5, 5.4.0, 5.3.3.

Why its happens? I need this version of Firefox!!! What can I do?

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Plugin Not Work in Firefox 38.7.0es

Post by odklizec » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:34 am

Hi,

Could you please check is you have installed Ranorex Automation or Ranorex Automation NG plugin in FF? The one with "NG" is a new plugin FF plugin, which I believe should be used with FF 40+ and the one without NG should be used with FF 39 and below (http://www.ranorex.com/forum/compatibil ... tml#p37154)

Also, check this post, stating that this kind of error is created by Firefox and not by Ranorex:
http://www.ranorex.com/forum/components ... tml#p19585
So you may need to reinstall Ranorex or Ranorex plugin in FF.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:03 am

Hi stalxed,

Unfortunately, there is a known issue that is caused by specific Windows security updates. I’m sorry to tell you that there is no permanent solution for this issue at the moment. Currently, the workaround would be making sure that the following updates are not installed. If any of the following updates is installed, please uninstall it from the corresponding machine.

1. KB3126593
2. KB3126587
3. KB3140410
4. KB3147071
5. KB3146706

More information about how to remove updates can be found in the Microsoft documentation.

Currently, we do not know when this bug will be fixed. This depends on various factors. Nevertheless, all reported bugs and feature requests are documented in the release notes, with every new version release of Ranorex.

I hope this information will help you.

Sincerely,
Johannes

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:37 pm

Hello everybody,

I would like to give you an update regarding the problem discussed above. The issue is based on a bug in Mozilla Firefox, more precise in all versions earlier than 40.
Mozilla stopped supporting versions earlier than 45, so we don't see a big chance that this bug will be fixed by Mozilla in the future.
To get more information about the versions supported by Mozilla ("Extended Support Release") please take a look at the web page Mozilla Firefox ESR Overview
Ranorex officially supports all Firefox versions which are supported by Mozilla itself in their Extended Support Releases (see link above). Please also take a look at the Ranorex release notes to check which Firefox version is supported in which Ranorex version.
If you update to the latest version of Firefox you should not have any issues.

Kind regards,
Ranorex Support Team