Plugins for Ranorex - disable temporarily ?

Ask general questions here.
gilbar16

Plugins for Ranorex - disable temporarily ?

Post by gilbar16 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:00 pm

Hi,

In the Help/About box, I noticed that there are at least 16 Plugins installed from the standard or default installation (not changing any options).

Ranorex performance wise, will it help a lot if we choose the Disable temporarily option (from Right clicking a plugin) to disable plugins that are not related to the application we are testing?

Does "temporarily" mean that the disabled plugin will be enabled again if you restart Ranorex?

I just thought that it will be better if the plugin I disable remains disabled until I choose an option (if available) to enable it again.

Thanks.
Gilbert

krstcs

Re: Plugins for Ranorex - disable temporarily ?

Post by krstcs » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:30 pm

You won't see any difference in performance by disabling them, and it can cause Ranorex to misbehave.

They don't get called unless they are in use, so you won't see a performance hit with them on either.

It's been recommended by the Ranorex team to leave them on unless they tell you otherwise (for debugging, etc. with them).
Shortcuts usually aren't...

gilbar16

Re: Plugins for Ranorex - disable temporarily ?

Post by gilbar16 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:04 am

Thanks again krstcs !

I just thought maybe it is similar to QTP/UFT where it recommends to only enable/install plugins that are needed for the AUT.