Portable Ranorex 7.0

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
marroqb

Portable Ranorex 7.0

Post by marroqb » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:50 pm

I am using Ranorex Spy in an environment where I cannot change any settings. Latest version of Ranorex Spy requires me to install Visual C++ 2015 libs. Is there any way around needing this install?
I copied the DLLs into the local Ranorex bin folder and that did not work. Any info on this would be appreciated. Thank you.

McTurtle

Re: Portable Ranorex 7.0

Post by McTurtle » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:51 pm

Hello marroqb,

I think there is no way to install Ranorex 7.0. without the 2015 libs... Can you still use the old Ranorex Spy?

Regards,
McTurtle

krstcs

Re: Portable Ranorex 7.0

Post by krstcs » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:41 pm

The C++ runtimes are required for Ranorex, and they must be installed on the system. You need to talk to your system admin and have them install it, otherwise you won't be able to use Ranorex.

With other packages you can just copy the DLL, but the C++ runtime requires registry entries and system access that it can only get through installation.

As I see it, there is no logical reason for not allowing it as it is a Microsoft package and they have hashes available to ensure the correct file is being installed. If necessary, it can be installed separately from Ranorex, Ranorex just needs it to be installed, it doesn't care how it is installed.
Shortcuts usually aren't...