Porting Ranorex Scripts to Other systems

Best practices, code snippets for common functionality, examples, and guidelines.
TheSiddhartha

Porting Ranorex Scripts to Other systems

Post by TheSiddhartha » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:39 pm

I have completed the script for couple of modules and want to demonstrate the same to other team members on a seperate machine which doesn't has ranorex. The script is wroking fine in my box as I have Ranorex full development version development installed. However, the same script is not working when I copy the exe and related files to other systems. I could trace the exception from Ranorex. The root cause for the problem is “RanorexCore assembly is missing” in the target systems .It is looking for Ranorex assemblies in the system GAC.
As per my understanding, we need to have ranorex runtime installed in the system where we execute the script. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Could you please clarify why this issue is happening and please let us know the steps to resolve it.

Thanks

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Porting Ranorex Scripts to Other systems

Post by Support Team » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:14 pm

Ranorex Testscript exes depend on the Ranorex libraries, and therefore need a Ranorex Runtime installation (with a Ranorex Runtime license key) to execute.
If there is no possibility to install Ranorex, you can copy all Ranorex.dlls to the folder of your testscript exe.
You still need a license file, though, otherwise the Evaluation Trial will pop up, which will work for 30days from installation.

You can also have a look at this:
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... nsing.html

Michael
Ranorex Team