Possible to add step number to report?

Ask general questions here.
Gav

Possible to add step number to report?

Post by Gav » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:58 am

Hi there,

Is it possible to add the test step numbers to the reports? At the moment each step is shown only by the time it was executed. We use comments for each step but it would be quicker if we could reference these directly to the steps in our recordings.

Also, would it be possible to add a feature to Ranorex to provide some grouping of steps within recordings, e.g. to create a heading that outlines tests for a feature or specific requirement? I know recordings can be broken down, but that's not always the best and most maintainable solution.

Many thanks,

Gav

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Possible to add step number to report?

Post by Support Team » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:33 pm

Hi,
Gav wrote:s it possible to add the test step numbers to the reports? At the moment each step is shown only by the time it was executed. We use comments for each step but it would be quicker if we could reference these directly to the steps in our recordings.
Sorry but this is currently not possible, but the report should reflect the action table of the recording. I will add a feature request to add the action number of the recording to the report. Meanwhile use following custom xsl to show the action numbers.
RanorexReport3withActionNumber.zip
Gav wrote:Also, would it be possible to add a feature to Ranorex to provide some grouping of steps within recordings, e.g. to create a heading that outlines tests for a feature or specific requirement? I know recordings can be broken down, but that's not always the best and most maintainable solution.
With Ranorex 3.3 we add a few new usability features. Included in this features is a separator action for the action grid of the recorder. With this separator you can split your recordings and this should be shown in the report too.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gav

Post by Gav » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:37 am

Hi Peter,

That's brilliant news on both points!

I'll post back on here when we've tried the report out - might be useful for others as well.

Gav

Gav

Post by Gav » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:12 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for the custom report, it works perfectly!

Regards,

Gav