PPAPI debug

Ask general questions here.
gecco

PPAPI debug

Post by gecco » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:11 am

hey support ,

I am testing your software with an online slotmachine website and trying to collect values from their flash application.

My first problem is that I have to use PPAPI, because their flash games freezes when I use the NPAPI flash on vmware vm's.

The weird thing is that their system works ok with PPPAPI on a normal pc , but I am using vmware and have to keep using that, so I see 2 ways that this could be solved.

1. a patch/update from you , so it can run with the ppapi debugger version of flash.

2. find a way why vmware wont run their flash application stable ?

could you maybe help me out ?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PPAPI debug

Post by Support Team » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:43 pm

Hey gecco,

I am afraid that as stated in this forum post: Chrome Flash Plugin Out of Date there is currently no way to use the preloader approach with the PPAPI Flash player, this is simply because the Flash preloader does not yet work with the PPAPI Flash player.
Besides that, we are currently evaluating the beta version of Flash player 18 to check if the preloader will work again, with Flash player 18.

As also stated it works with the PPAPI Flash player when you use the Automation Lib approach: http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... html#c2255.
This works since you do not need to preloader when you directly link the Ranorex Lib into your Flash application.

Regards,
Markus