Premium License is not being release

Bug reports.
tvu

Premium License is not being release

Post by tvu » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:09 pm

I have a Jenkins setup to run our Ranorex scripts via an "Execute Windows Batch Command" build step. From my understanding, it's essentially a windowless command prompt. If I remote to one of the Jenkins machine and run Studio, one of my premium floating license will be used. This is the expected behavior. If a Jenkins job start and runs a script, Ranorex will see that a floating premium license is allocated to that machine and will not use a floating runtime license. This behavior sounds reasonable to me. The premium floating license will still be allocated to this machine if I close down Studio while the Jenkins job is still running. This also sounds reasonable to me.

The bug is that the premium floating license is not release once the Jenkins job is completed. The license manager will show that the license is assigned to the machine. I would expected the premium floating license to be release.

If another Jenkins job is run, Ranorex will see that the floating premium license is still assigned to machine and will not use a floating runtime license. I can't release the floating premium license until I reboot the machine.

Ranorex version 5.4.4.26486
Windows 7 Pro, SP 1
Jenkins 1.617

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Premium License is not being release

Post by Support Team » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:44 pm

Hello Tung,

Per our remote session, we have covered and resolved this query.

Regards,
Andy (S)