Prevent Evaluation Dialog when running from the command line

Ask general questions here.
grommett72

Prevent Evaluation Dialog when running from the command line

Post by grommett72 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:56 am

Is it possible to prevent the evaluation dialog from popping up when running a test exe from the command line? We are trying to evaluate the product's use with Bamboo and since the "Continue evaluation" pop up is spawned Bamboo fails with:

Code: Select all

Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation. Specify the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notification from a service application.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Prevent Evaluation Dialog when running from the command line

Post by odklizec » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:17 pm

Hi,

There is no way to disable Ranorex trial screen in trial version. You see, this is the purpose of trial version. But you can ask Ranorex support to provide you with a time-limited version without trial screen.

Anyway, I think your problem is caused by the fact that you've started/configured Bamboo server as a windows service, which is a big NO-NO! ;) This is what's mentioned in Ranorex2Bamboo integration guide...
...make sure to not start the Bamboo Server as service, but to start the server in a console as you can see in following figure. The reason is that a service does not have sufficient rights to start and access UI applications.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

grommett72

Post by grommett72 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:06 am

Thanks for helping out! I was able to get a temporary license. Now that that is out of the way we'll see how the build handles parsing the results :D

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:14 am

Nice to hear that. Good luck then! ;) I've tried Ranorex2Bamboo integration in the past, but in the end, I ended up with Jenkins. As far as I remember, there were some problems with Bamboo (hopefully fixed now) regarding starting tests from batch and passing parameters to the test exe, where Bamboo dropped/not parsed parameters send to batch correctly. But it was some 3 years ago, so I hope they fixed it already? ;)
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration