Prevent Evaluation Dialog when running from the command line

Ask general questions here.
grommett72

Prevent Evaluation Dialog when running from the command line

Post by grommett72 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:56 am

Is it possible to prevent the evaluation dialog from popping up when running a test exe from the command line? We are trying to evaluate the product's use with Bamboo and since the "Continue evaluation" pop up is spawned Bamboo fails with:

Code: Select all

Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation. Specify the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notification from a service application.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Prevent Evaluation Dialog when running from the command line

Post by odklizec » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:17 pm

Hi,

There is no way to disable Ranorex trial screen in trial version. You see, this is the purpose of trial version.

Anyway, I think your problem is caused by the fact that you've started/configured Bamboo server as a windows service, which is a big NO-NO! ;) This is what's mentioned in Ranorex2Bamboo integration guide...
...make sure to not start the Bamboo Server as service, but to start the server in a console as you can see in following figure. The reason is that a service does not have sufficient rights to start and access UI applications.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

grommett72

Post by grommett72 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:06 am

Thanks for helping out! I was able to get a temporary license. Now that that is out of the way we'll see how the build handles parsing the results :D

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:14 am

Nice to hear that. Good luck then! ;) I've tried Ranorex2Bamboo integration in the past, but in the end, I ended up with Jenkins. As far as I remember, there were some problems with Bamboo (hopefully fixed now) regarding starting tests from batch and passing parameters to the test exe, where Bamboo dropped/not parsed parameters send to batch correctly. But it was some 3 years ago, so I hope they fixed it already? ;)
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration