Preview Effective Data Set... nor working with TestSuite Run

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
swmatisa

Preview Effective Data Set... nor working with TestSuite Run

Post by swmatisa » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:51 pm

Dear Support,

My OS version is Win7 Pro with all update done. Ranorex version 8.0.1.

"Preview Effective Data Set..." Why is thius button always gray and not active?

Best Regards
SW

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Preview Effective Data Set... nor working with TestSuite Run

Post by Support Team » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:34 pm

Hi swmatisa,

The button should only be disabled if something is not configured properly (for example, if the data range syntax is not correct)
2.jpg
Even when the file is empty, you should be able to click the "Preview Effective data set" button and see a preview.
1.jpg
If you continue to experience issues, please provide more details on how I may be able to duplicate this issue locally such as the steps you take and the type of data source you are experiencing this issue with.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Ned
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

swmatisa

Post by swmatisa » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:24 am

Dear Support,

To reproduce, I create a dummy sample with a csv(...\Documents\Ranorex\RanorexStudio Projects\Test1\Test1\Data.csv):
1) Open with Studio ...\Documents\Ranorex\RanorexStudio Projects\Test1\Test1\Test1.rxtst. All is OK
2) Open with Test Suite Runner ...\Documents\Ranorex\RanorexStudio Projects\Test1\Test1\bin\Debug\Test1.rxtst. The "Preview effective data set.." is always grey
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SW

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:33 pm

Thank you for this clarification. I now understand you are experiencing this behavior in the stand alone Test Suite Runner and not in Ranorex Studio. The stand alone Test Suite Runner is a simpler version that doesn't have the same capabilities as the version integrated into Ranorex Studio.

If you wish to have this feature added to the stand alone version, I recommend creating a new feature request on our User Voice platform as I can see this being a useful feature. It means more when the request comes from you directly than from me.

Cheers,
Ned