Problem facing after merging the code using Winmerge

Ask general questions here.
hclmani

Problem facing after merging the code using Winmerge

Post by hclmani » Fri May 16, 2014 11:02 am

Hi,
In my Team two of the persons are working in Ranorex Automation. Both of them are working on the different modules of creating the new Test cases.

We have created more than 100+ Test cases, now we are trying to merge both of our code by using Winmerge tool. With the help of Winmerge, we have merged our code(For Example, for a module creation 3 files will be created for each module(.cs, usercode.cs, and rxrec), I copied all the files from one machine to another).
Once the code is copied in the source machine, i could not able to view the module in the Project view.

Kindly help me in this, how to merge both code.(Merging Repository Items, Test Suite, Modules, Variables)
Thanks in Advance.

Thanks,
Manikandan Nagalingam

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem facing after merging the code using Winmerge

Post by Support Team » Mon May 19, 2014 3:55 pm

Hi hclmani,

May I ask what exactly is not working? Do you get any error messages?

In general please be careful regarding correct number and position of parenthesis even when using a merging tool.

Regards,
Robert

hclmani

Post by hclmani » Tue May 20, 2014 6:40 am

Hi Support Team,

Thanks for the Response.

After copying (.cs, usercode.cs, and rxrec) these files from one to other machine, i could not able to find the copied modules in the Project view.

And also Explain me in detail, how to merge the (Modules, Variables, Repository Items) from one machine to another machine.

Thanks,
Manikandan Nagalingam

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri May 23, 2014 9:13 am

Hello hclmani,

Unfortunately I’m afraid that we can’t give you an instruction on how to merge all these files since this can be handled in many ways but maybe you find some useful information here:
In order to see the merged files in your “main”-project you need add them (“Add Existing Item…”)
AddExistingItem.png
Regards,
Robert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.