problem identifying elements in my DELPHI application

Ask general questions here.
User avatar
Julien Diot
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:25 pm
Location: Amiens (FR)

problem identifying elements in my DELPHI application

Post by Julien Diot » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:29 am

Hi,

I'm having a problem identifying elements in my DELPHI application.

The two "SnapShot" have been made under the same conditions in the application.
The "SnapshotRecord" was done automatically from my record with the "Snapshot" action.
The "SnapshotSpy" was done from the "Ranorex Spy" tool.

However, the items are not identified in the same way and my test fails 2/3 of the time because it can't find an item.

If during the execution of my test, I select the element in my "Repository" and I click on "HighLigh Element", the element is highlighted and the scenario detects my element and the test ends in success.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you in advance.
Attachments
SnapshotSpy.rxsnp
(2.66 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
SnapshotRecord.rxsnp
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 7 times

User avatar
odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru
Posts: 6036
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:54 am
Location: Zilina, Slovakia

Re: problem identifying elements in my DELPHI application

Post by odklizec » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:32 am

Hi,

Have you tried to export Settings from standalone Spy and load them in Studio? It seems to me that standalone Spy shows much more details?
Delphi_diff.png
Delphi_diff.png (153.03 KiB) Viewed 118 times
My guess is, that the native Delphi plugin is disabled in Studio, while standalone Spy have it enabled? ;)
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

User avatar
Julien Diot
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:25 pm
Location: Amiens (FR)

Re: problem identifying elements in my DELPHI application

Post by Julien Diot » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:08 am

Thank you for your response,

I just checked, the parameters are identical on both sides.
Delphi.png
Delphi.png (153.18 KiB) Viewed 114 times
I exported the settings from "Ranorex Spy"/"Setting"/"Export" and imported the file into "Ranorex Studio"/"Open Setting"/"Import".
Setting.png
Setting.png (127.91 KiB) Viewed 114 times
Is this the right handling? because I still have the problem.

User avatar
odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru
Posts: 6036
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:54 am
Location: Zilina, Slovakia

Re: problem identifying elements in my DELPHI application

Post by odklizec » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:15 am

Hi,

Yes, you exported/imported the settings correctly. Well, if the problem persists, I would suggest to contact directly Ranorex support. Unfortunately, it's impossible to tell what's wrong without seeing the app under test and actual Ranorex settings. It's definitely weird, because if Ranorex Spy and Studio settings are the same, there should not be a difference in element recognition.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

User avatar
Julien Diot
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:25 pm
Location: Amiens (FR)

Re: problem identifying elements in my DELPHI application

Post by Julien Diot » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:22 am

Okay, actually, that's strange.

I'll contact support.

Thanks again for your help.

User avatar
Julien Diot
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:25 pm
Location: Amiens (FR)

Re: problem identifying elements in my DELPHI application

Post by Julien Diot » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:46 pm

Seen with the Support, this is a legal issue.
Indeed, if I launch "Ranorex Studio" in "Normal" mode and not in "Administrator" mode, I don't have a problem anymore.

I still have to check that I don't encounter any other problem in "Normal" mode.

User avatar
Julien Diot
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:25 pm
Location: Amiens (FR)

Re: problem identifying elements in my DELPHI application

Post by Julien Diot » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:38 pm

Initially, "Ranorex" was launched in "Administrator" mode.
To solve the problem, RANOREX support asked me to run the software in "Normal" mode.

New problems encountered :
_ Some actions are no longer executed but are not detected as faulty.
_ Privilege errors appear and items are no longer detected.

After analysis, here are the causes:
_ The ".exe" to test were launched in "Administrator" mode --> I disabled the option.
_ The application must necessarily have the focus for the actions to be done (click on a button for example) --> In "Admin", I didn't have the problem.