Problem occurs while in SPY or Recording

Ask general questions here.
vinoappu

Problem occurs while in SPY or Recording

Post by vinoappu » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:48 am

Hi Ranorex team

We have a licensed version of 'RanoRex 2.1.3'.

I meet an inconvenience while using ranorex, because while SPY the object or recording a case, Ranorex blocks the Mouse movements like its blinking and not able toggle or ease to move any of the object easily. :oops:

Do we need to upgrade the version to resolved this? if so we need to buy another licensed for the upgrade?? :(

(Currently Ranorex 2.1.4 is availble in Ranorex Market. How to upgrade Ranorex 2.1.3 to 2.1.4? Do we need to purchase latest version or just to install is enough?)

Thanks
vinod

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem occurs while in SPY or Recording

Post by Support Team » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:00 am

Hi Vinod,

simply contact the Ranorex support team directly with an email to [email protected].
Currently I do not know whether your company purchased any subscription. But regardless of that, you'll get an update (download link) from 2.1.3 to 2.1.4 for free.

Please let us know if the new version fixes your problem. And could you describe your problem a little more in detail? I did not fully understand it.

kind regards,

Christoph
Ranorex Support Team

vinoappu

Post by vinoappu » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:40 am

Hi Christoph

Thanks for your immediate response.

Problem be ->

1. Open application and Ranorex Spy
2. Try to find a object in that appliaction using SPY.
3. For this, In SPY clicking on 'Track' button, once clicked on, mouse pointer cant able to use by user's way, its blocks the mouse pointer. Mouse pointer is moving from & there and not giving the mouse control to the user, when we try to point the object
4. User cant able to use the mouse pointer freely after clicking on 'Track' button.
5. But if we close the Ranorex Spy, we can use the mouse pointer freely as the user's way.

Am I clear? Kindly Let me know if you need any clarification.

Thanks
Vinod

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:59 am

We still need some more information, please answer the following questions:
  • What is your Ranorex version?
  • What is your operating system (version)?
  • What kind of application is this? There are problems with some Anti-Virus applications that do not allow automated mouse actions or the recording of mouse/keyboard actions.
  • After you hit the track button, can you move the mouse at all? So, does the mouse pointer stand still or does it jump around when you move the mouse?
  • Please check the CPU load of your machine when you hit track (e.g. using the Task Manager). Is it near 100%? What hardware do you have (CPU, RAM)?
  • Please try to use instant tracking (see http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... html#c1797) instead of the Track button. Does this produce the same problem?
Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Support Team

vinoappu

Post by vinoappu » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:10 am

Hi Alex

I would like to tell you few more details, i'm working these into my client server machine as taken as Remote Computing [RDC - Remote Desktop Connection].

1. What is your Ranorex version? - Ranorex version 2.1.3 (Premium Account)
2. What is your operating system (version)? - MS Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition SP2
3. What kind of application is this? There are problems with some Anti-Virus applications that do not allow automated mouse actions or the recording of mouse/keyboard actions. - SilverLight Application
4. After you hit the track button, can you move the mouse at all? So, does the mouse pointer stand still or does it jump around when you move the mouse? - Yes i can move the mouse at all the places, but movement of mouse pointer going there and old pixel place continuously & not bt user control
5. Please check the CPU load of your machine when you hit track (e.g. using the Task Manager). Is it near 100%? What hardware do you have (CPU, RAM)? - No, Its not reached even 80%.
5. Please try to use instant tracking (see http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... html#c1797) instead of the Track button. Does this produce the same problem? - No, Problem doesnot occurs.

Thanks
Vinod

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:49 pm

vinoappu wrote:I would like to tell you few more details, i'm working these into my client server machine as taken as Remote Computing [RDC - Remote Desktop Connection].
So, you work via Remote Desktop, but execute Ranorex on the remote machine? That means, you are not running Ranorex on your own machine (the one you work on using RDC), but on the remote machine. Right?
vinoappu wrote:4. After you hit the track button, can you move the mouse at all? So, does the mouse pointer stand still or does it jump around when you move the mouse? - Yes i can move the mouse at all the places, but movement of mouse pointer going there and old pixel place continuously & not bt user control
Sorry, I still don't understand. Do you mean that the mouse does not go to the right location? Or do you mean the mouse is moving slowly (not continuously)?
vinoappu wrote:5. Please check the CPU load of your machine when you hit track (e.g. using the Task Manager). Is it near 100%? What hardware do you have (CPU, RAM)? - No, Its not reached even 80%.
Actually, 80% is quite a high value, I would not wonder if the mouse did not move completely smoothly while recording :-(

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Support Team

vinoappu

Post by vinoappu » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:42 am

Hi Alex
Support Team wrote:vinoappu wrote:
I would like to tell you few more details, i'm working these into my client server machine as taken as Remote Computing [RDC - Remote Desktop Connection].
Alex Wrote:
So, you work via Remote Desktop, but execute Ranorex on the remote machine? That means, you are not running Ranorex on your own machine (the one you work on using RDC), but on the remote machine. Right?
Yes. I'm running my scripts in Remote machine only.
Support Team wrote:vinoappu wrote:
4. After you hit the track button, can you move the mouse at all? So, does the mouse pointer stand still or does it jump around when you move the mouse? - Yes i can move the mouse at all the places, but movement of mouse pointer going there and old pixel place continuously & not bt user control
Alex Wrote:
Sorry, I still don't understand. Do you mean that the mouse does not go to the right location? Or do you mean the mouse is moving slowly (not continuously)?
Actually, Mouse movements are very rapid manner for 'to' & ''fro' motion between user moved pixel place and starting pixel of mouse point. [I attched the video of this problem with this.]

Am i clear for your doubts??

Actually i was on leave past days, that's why cant able to reply you soon, Sorry for inconvenience.

Thanks
Vinod
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:42 pm

A movie is worth a thousand words, thanks! I've never saw that problem before! :-)

Do you experience the same problem when you click on "Record" in the Ranorex Recorder?
Please, try to close all other applications, especially Anti-Virus software. Such software sometimes has influence on automation software.

If that does not work, please uncheck the "Use asynchronous dispatching of mouse and keyboard events" in the Ranorex configuration dialog on the "General" tab. See the following section in the Ranorex User Guide for where to find the "General" configuration page: http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... ation.html

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Support Team