Problem ranorex.PDF.exe

Best practices, code snippets for common functionality, examples, and guidelines.
yaro2o

Problem ranorex.PDF.exe

Post by yaro2o » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:13 pm

I have a problem with ranorex.pdf after adding the code to the teardown, it appears to me that 3 things are unbound, I do not know where to set it, the second problem is why the cmd error shows Invalid PDF name or path
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by yaro2o on Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

yaro2o

Re: Problem ranorex.PDF.exe

Post by yaro2o » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:16 pm

I need to add something in the module's code ?

loonquawl

Post by loonquawl » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:36 pm

For the commandline execution I guesss the second argument should be the name of the pdf, without the pdf, so just convertedRaportz, not convertedRaportz.pdf

For the studio: double-click on the "unbound"-notice, and then in the window that appears, click "auto create" and then "auto bind". That binds the Variables from the module to Parameters of the containing entity. Then you can choose whether to give actual values for the parameters (name etc.), or leave them blank (that will create a pdf of the same name as the report, standard style, full content.)

... and VOTE: :D
https://uservoice.ranorex.com/forums/15 ... studio-api

natesun

Post by natesun » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:32 pm

Does this module automatically generate PDF if you bind the variables? In my case, if I leave everything empty by default, it will generate pdf file. However, if I bind xml with the style.xml provided in the blog, no pdf is generated. Do I miss anything or I have to use the executable?

RobinHood42

Post by RobinHood42 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:24 am

Hi,

Please checkout the following post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=12785&p=51070#p51070

Furthermore, ensure to use the latest ReportToPDF version: 1.0.15 (Update via NuGet -> Rightclick "RanorexAutomationHelpers" -> Manage packages -> Updates)

PDFBindings.png
Cheers,
Robin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:12 am

report_rx.png
Basavaraj
PdfVersion.png
Hi,

I am using the same settings in my test as in the Above screenshot but pdf is not getting generating in the report.

Please find the attached screenshot for version and the result.

Thanks and Regards,

RobinHood42

Post by RobinHood42 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:13 pm

Hello Basavaraj,

Unfortunately, there is no information on which version of Ranorex and which version of the ReportToPDF library is used. Please add that information.

Furhtermore, please use the value "all" for the "Details" variable and ensure that the whole test suite is executed. The PDF report is not generated when running a single test case or recording module.

Do you get any error messages?

Cheers,
Robin

mariaspeigl

Post by mariaspeigl » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:31 am

Hello,

I had the same problem as [email protected].
Due to your hint I added the value "all" for the parameter "details":
2019-01-14 11_24_47-RanorexBamboo properties.jpg
And I exectued the whole test suite.
It works - the report is generated and linked now. There are no more warnings.
2019-01-14 11_27_57-RanorexBamboo_TS - Ranorex Studio (Administrator).jpg

Thanks for your help, RobinHood42! :D