Problem with InvokeRemotely

Class library usage, coding and language questions.
Munro89

Problem with InvokeRemotely

Post by Munro89 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:30 pm

I have a few Janus Controls in my application that are not correctly recognized by Ranorex. The ribbon menu is one of them.

I have implemented a solution for both UiComboBox and UiTab controls from the Janus suite. Both worked fine using a custom AccessibleObject implementation.

However, I have trouble doing this with the Ribbon control. When I call InvokeRemotely, I get the following exception :
Ranorex.ActionFailedException : Action 'invokeremotely' failed on element '{Unknown:TopRibbon}'.
----> System.IO.FileNotFoundException : The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
I have tried a few things so far. I referenced every Janus Dll in my solution, stripped down a delegate to

Code: Select all

var text = "test.";
return text;
Both didn't work for me. Also, upon searching on the forum, someone said to make sure the security rights are correct and that we run from a trusted location. I double checked and everything look's fine. I can remotely invoke other Janus controls.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem with InvokeRemotely

Post by Support Team » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:08 pm

Hi,

I've checked the Ribbon Class of Janus with .net reflector and it seems this class don't inherit from the Windows.Forms.Control class and therefore it is not possible to use InvokeRemotely for the Ribbon Bar. InvokeRemotely can only used with WinForms control, sorry.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team