Problem with popup in web testing

Ask general questions here.
joachim

Problem with popup in web testing

Post by joachim » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:40 pm

Hi,
I am evaluating Ranorex and ran in to a problem with the first test scenario:
I am testing a Sharepoint 2010 application in IE8 on a Windows 7 Machine.
I recorded a few steps, that is open a web site, selecting an item, chosing a command from a ribbon, this command will redirect to another webapplication and open a dialog there where the user needs to fill in a form.
When I run this recording, I get until the last step where the dialog opens of the other web application, but then the recording tries to find the text entry box in the form and seems to not be able to find it.

I already put a delay of 30s in to make sure the dialog is open, and it definitely is open, but it seems to me the redirect to the other webapplication (on the same server) somehow broke it.
I attached a screenshot of my recording.
The line PlaceHolderMain_txtClient is where it stops. As you can see, "Home Aviation" is the other web application.

Please help me to solve this problem

regards
Joachim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem with popup in web testing

Post by Support Team » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:09 pm

Hello Joachim,

It is possible that your repository item links to a live-element which isn’t available anymore after the page load.

Please make sure that you disable the folder caching of your rooted folders and your app folder.
(DlgFrame* and HomeAviation).

The “UseCache”-setting can be found within the properties of the folders:
AppFolder_properties.png
Regards,
Robert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.