Problem with RanorexLoaderFlex4.swf and alert

Bug reports.
[email protected]

Problem with RanorexLoaderFlex4.swf and alert

Post by [email protected] » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:01 am

I'm evaluating Ranorex for possible use testing a substantial Flex 4 application, and I'm finding a serious bug right off the bat. I have a very simple Flex 4 program that is compiled with no automation libs. When I run it from my web server it works fine. It makes an alert that says "Hello World", and pops it up in the center of my browser.

When I run the same app under the recorder with RanorexLoaderFlex4.swf the alert gets squished together at the top of the browser's HTML page display. The words "Hello World" are behind the "OK" button.

When I compile the app with the Ranorex automation lib included, and run under the recorder, the recorder works great and the alert displays as expected.

The behavior is consistent between FF 3.6 and IE 8.0. (I'm on Windows XP SP 3 using the demo version of Rnorex.)

What am I missing when I run with RanorexLoaderFlex4.swf?

----

My test "Hello world app:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" layout="absolute" minWidth="955" minHeight="600">
<mx:Script>
<![CDATA[
import mx.controls.Alert;
protected function btnSayHello_clickHandler(event:MouseEvent):void
{
Alert.show("Hello, world!");
}
]]>
</mx:Script>
<mx:Button x="17" y="14" label="Button" id="btnSayHello"
click="btnSayHello_clickHandler(event)" enabled="true"/>
</mx:Application>

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem with RanorexLoaderFlex4.swf and alert

Post by Support Team » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:35 pm

Hi,

Yes we know that there are sometimes problems with the RanorexLoader and we will fix this in a future release of Ranorex. But we also have this in our documentation "Loads your application in a container (could cause limitations)". We recommend to use the AutomationLib or Module, because this two components don't affect your unit under test.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team