Problem with toolbar in Excel 2003

Bug reports.
WajdaW

Problem with toolbar in Excel 2003

Post by WajdaW » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:52 pm

Hi,
We have Add-in for Excel and Word 2003 and 2007. Add-in is made by Add-in Express API.
I'll explain it to you how we came to conclusion why we think ranorex might be a problem. So let begin.

We have tests using ranorex in which we test installation of our server, test installation of our add-in for office and test behavior of our office add-in. Installation of server is OK. Installation of add-in finishes OK too.
But when we start Excel and when first test is done we close Excel and then start second test (open excel and so on...) our toolbar is somehow missing. Other parts of our add-in are still here, some login pane, and all other stuff, but just toolbar is missing. We first thought that something with add-in installer isn't right, and checked everything. I tried to run our automatic installation and than test Excel manually (I opened excel, clicked on login pane, entered username and password, and done some actions which include toolbar) and than closed Excel, opened it again and toolbar was still here. So I came to conclusion something with my automation test might be wrong. After that I tested closing of Excel in tests (I let ranorex do all the rest of test but closing which I done manually) and it seems that toolbar was here. I then created simple test with automatic closing to reproduce this issue. But in this simple test everything worked find. Then I thought maybe some things which ranorex do to toolbar is problem (clicking on toolbar items) and I added exception before any toolbar interaction (after exception our test is ending), just after username and password was written(by ranorex). This still was producing in missing toolbar in second and all test after. Then it came to my mind that maybe some repository of Ranorex could cause problems (maybe ranorex tries to take control of toolbar and maybe there some problem happens). Than I added exception before any ranorex interaction (before ranorex enters username and password) and in second Excel opening toolbar was here. After that I commented out every line in my repository which is relevant for toolbar and put exception back after password and toolbar was still here.
So, I came to conclusion that ranorex might be making problems with our toolbar.
Do you have any idea on this issue?

regards,

Vladimir Vajda

WajdaW

Re: Problem with toolbar in Excel 2003

Post by WajdaW » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:41 pm

It seems that we found what was causing error, it was not related to Ranorex.

Regards,

Vladimir Vajda