problems and feature requests

Bug reports.
omerkarpas
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:52 am

problems and feature requests

Post by omerkarpas » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:23 am

HI,

We are working with Ranorex 3.0.4.13228 free trial on Win7 professional with SP1.

We are having the following issues \ problems and feature requests:
1.In the Test Suite:
a.You cant have 2 test cases with the same exact name. I understand why you wouldn’t want to have 2 test cases under the same father in the same level in the tree but other than that...
b.You can only create folders in the uppermost level of the tree. If I have different programs I want to test, and under each program I have separated modules I want to check, I want to be able to create 2 levels of folders.
c.If I have a module with a parameter I cannot call it twice in the same test case because of the data binding that is sheared. Thus I need to put each module under a different test case, and what If I want to use the same module 10 times.
d.Right mouse click on a test case -> add -> existing module -> select test module window opens, I think a search textbox would be VERY helpful.
e.If you copy or drag a module with data binding or a test case with modules with data binding, the data binding is deleted!!
2.text editor:
a.While writing code every few seconds the Ranorex is lagging – it takes a second from when you type it until you see it on the screen.

thanks,
Omer

User avatar
Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 11709
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:30 pm
Location: Graz, Austria

Re: problems and feature requests

Post by Support Team » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:47 pm

omerkarpas wrote:a.You cant have 2 test cases with the same exact name. I understand why you wouldn’t want to have 2 test cases under the same father in the same level in the tree but other than that...
This is by design, because you can execute single test cases via the command line using a parameter and therefore the Test Case Names have to be unique.
omerkarpas wrote:b.You can only create folders in the uppermost level of the tree. If I have different programs I want to test, and under each program I have separated modules I want to check, I want to be able to create 2 levels of folders.
This is also by design. We will add a new feature called Module Groups in a future release of Ranorex and I think this will fit your needs.
omerkarpas wrote:c.If I have a module with a parameter I cannot call it twice in the same test case because of the data binding that is sheared. Thus I need to put each module under a different test case, and what If I want to use the same module 10 times.
You are right, that's not the beautifulest way to use this. I will add a feature request to our internal bug tracking list.
omerkarpas wrote:d.Right mouse click on a test case -> add -> existing module -> select test module window opens, I think a search textbox would be VERY helpful.
This is already on our feature list.
omerkarpas wrote:e.If you copy or drag a module with data binding or a test case with modules with data binding, the data binding is deleted!!
Test Case shouldn't lose their databinding and I am not able to reproduce it. The module loses its databinding, because the datacontext is gone.
Please could you update to the latest version of Ranorex and try it again for Test Cases?
omerkarpas wrote:a.While writing code every few seconds the Ranorex is lagging – it takes a second from when you type it until you see it on the screen.
This is fixed since 3.0.5, so please update to 3.0.5 or 3.1.1 if you have a valid subscription.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team
.
Image

omerkarpas
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:52 am

Re: problems and feature requests

Post by omerkarpas » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:01 pm

Hi,

First of all thanks for the quick add thorough response.

Regarding a. you do understand that’s like windows saying you can't have any two folders or files anywhere in your hard discs with the same name.

Thanks,
Omer.

User avatar
Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 11709
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:30 pm
Location: Graz, Austria

Re: problems and feature requests

Post by Support Team » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:41 am

omerkarpas wrote: a. you do understand that’s like windows saying you can't have any two folders or files anywhere in your hard discs with the same name.
I agree with your argument, but as I said this is by design and we cannot use 2 names in the same test suite, because we use the name the run the test case by command line.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team
.
Image

binonline
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: problems and feature requests

Post by binonline » Wed May 09, 2012 6:19 pm

Unique TestCase name within the TestSuite: I find this limitation as well as very blocking to our testing. Would it be possible that you include the fathers-foldername in the commandline parameter so you still have unique names for calling?

User avatar
Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 11709
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:30 pm
Location: Graz, Austria

Re: problems and feature requests

Post by Support Team » Thu May 10, 2012 1:22 pm

Hi,

I will add this to our internal feature request list and we will discuss this internally if we will implement it in a future release, but i cannot guarantee that we will implement it.

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Support Team
.
Image