Problems with adding CSV-file

Bug reports.
anja

Problems with adding CSV-file

Post by anja » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to automate some tests for the Windows Calculator for some experiments.

At the moment I've got troubble with adding a csv-file containing only one column and only one datarow.

The scenario:
I've got a usermodule in c# which starts the calculator and needs the path to the .exe.
The module-variable containing this value should be connected with a .csv file.

The .csv file had only one column and one Data-Row and looks like following:
Paths
C:\WINDOWS\system32\calc.exe

In the Testsuite (using the one provided with Ranorex 3.0) I call the existing user modul and now I want to bind the data.

Adding a new CSV Connector and choosing the existing .csv file on my desktop the preview of the data shows an empty table with one column called Paths. There are no datarows in this table...

I've tried adding some additional datarows containing some default values. With two rows in the datasheet the first row is shown in the preview. If I add one line break, nothing changes and only the first value is displayed. If I add another line break, the second value and one empty datarow is shown. (2 lines are addid in preview)

Has someone had a similar Problem?

Till now I've always used some datasheets with more than one column --> it worked correct

Thank you for your help.

If neccessary I can provide some screenshots for better understanding...

P.S.: I've tried to execute the test as well and with no additional row I've got the Warning: The data source is valid but contains zero data rows

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problems with adding CSV-file

Post by Support Team » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:29 pm

Hi,

please upgrade to Ranorex 3.0.1.
http://www.ranorex.com/download.html
This bug has been fixed with this release of our Software.

Kind regards,
Tobias
Support Team

anja

Post by anja » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:06 pm

Thank you for this hint... it works now without problems...

Perhaps it would be helpful to post somewhere in the forum if a new release is available... I did not know that the Version 3.0.1 is already somewhere available for downloading...

Regards
Anja

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:31 pm

Hi,

it has just been released, the announcement of the new release will be posted in http://www.ranorex.com/forum/announceme ... ws-f8.html shortly.

Regards,
Tobias
Support Team