Problems with APK instrumentation

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
gopkaroon

Problems with APK instrumentation

Post by gopkaroon » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:22 am

Hi

I would like the to run test automation with an actual device.

I got the device successfully connected. but the problem i have is instrumenting the APK.

I clicks Tools > Instrumentation Wizard > Selected a device > selected an APK > Next

After the load is finished, there still appears "No app running" in the View devices section. I would it be the name of the APK something like that.

However, after the load is finished, on the screen of the mobile device, the Ranorex service app displays the app that i uploaded. On the Ranorex tool, when i click on record, select mobile recording radio button, the device and app, then start button, the app actually starts on the mobile device, but the record widget does not appear on the desktop screen.

A few seconds later, i get the error pop up that says:

Failed to start app 'ppl.unity.junglecubes' because the app started event was not received within the specified timeout of '00:00:10'. The operation has timed out

What does this error message mean? Is there a problem with the APK or is there something else I have missed.

Please help

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problems with APK instrumentation

Post by Support Team » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:01 pm

Hi gopkaroon,

All mentioned steps were performed correctly. When the application under test is shown in our Ranorex Service application and when it is available in the recordings dropdown, the instrumentation process was completed successfully.

Regarding your error message
May I ask you to increase the following setting in the Plugins tab of our General Settings dialog?
Mobile_Connection_Timeout.png
Mobile_Connection_Timeout.png (22.81 KiB) Viewed 813 times
Please try increasing this value stepwise.

Regards,
Markus (S)