Problems with stuck keys and mouse in VisualStudio 2010

Ask general questions here.
Aracknid

Problems with stuck keys and mouse in VisualStudio 2010

Post by Aracknid » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:18 pm

Hi,

Not sure if this is a Ranorex issue or a VS2010 issue, but thought I'd ask and see...

I'm in VS2010 and using the Ranorex API. I often set break points and step into or over my code. When I do this, a few odd behaviours occur:

1) Seems as though some of the special keys (like Shift, CTRL, or ALT) are being stuck in the down position. Not all at the same time. But here's what happens. When I'm in break mode and I hit F8 to step into my code, it sometimes treats this as SHIFT+F8 which is step over (because SHIFT is stuck in down position as far as VS is concerned) . If I hit all the keys a few times to toggle them, it seems to fix the problem, but as soon as I start to do more and it seems as though it is Ranorex specifc calls, they keys get stuck down again.

2) To get around this I'm using the toolbar buttons for Step In, Step Over, etc... When I click on these buttons just before the mouse is supposed to move and click a button in App, the mouse occasionally just wobbles a pixel back and forth in place over the VS toolbar button I clicked instead of moving to the UI button in my app. If I move the mouse myself to give it a bit of a nudge, it fixes itself and goes and clicks the button.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Aracknid.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problems with stuck keys and mouse in VisualStudio 2010

Post by Support Team » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:58 am

Hi,

Have you created a Ranorex Project in Ranorex Studio and then opened the project in Visual Studio? If you have done this step, please comment out following line
Keyboard.AbortKey = System.Windows.Forms.Keys.Pause;
Maybe this could cause the problem, because this line of code loads a keyboard hook library.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

Aracknid

Re: Problems with stuck keys and mouse in VisualStudio 2010

Post by Aracknid » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:31 pm

Yup, I had that line of code in my script. I removed it and it solved the problems.

thanks you for your help,

Aracknid